Tires: Bridgestone T31 or Michelon Road 5?

VFR80025th

I would like to update to the Road 5s next year. Any feedback on T31 would be welcome. Are they any good?

I currently have PR 4s and am happy with tread life and overall grip and stability.

T31s are chaeper price wise.

Anybody have T31 on their VFR right now.

Thxs

• Member Contributer

Can you get Metzeller Roadtec 1's over there?  I swapped to them from PR4s and love them, much better tyre.

Just my rec.

Metzeler is doing a $50 rebate off a set of roadtec 1’s right now too, so it’s an excellent deal. $283.98

Dunlop is doing a $75 rebate off of their Roadsart 3 tires which is $223 per set after rebate. 

Road 5: $350

Bridgestone T30: $285

Pirelli Angel GT: $300

Pirelli Angel ST: $230

>>metzeler Z6: $196, $146 after rebate<<

Continental Motion ST: $189

Lots of great options. I would recommend you buy what you like, but do realize there isn’t that significant of a difference between all of the tires. 

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, Urbanengineer said:

Metzeler is doing a $50 rebate off a set of roadtec 1’s right now too, so it’s an excellent deal. $283.98

Dunlop is doing a $75 rebate off of their Roadsart 3 tires which is $223 per set after rebate. 

Road 5: $350

Bridgestone T30: $285

Pirelli Angel GT: $300

Pirelli Angel ST: $230

>>metzeler Z6: $196, $146 after rebate<<

Continental Motion ST: $189

Lots of great options. I would recommend you buy what you like, but do realize there isn’t that significant of a difference between all of the tires. 

I actually ordered a set of the Dunlop RS3 and they'll be here today. The rebate is what made me jump at them, and reviews do seem pretty good. They seem to be directly comparable to the T30 EVO/T31. Some people are not liking the new PR5, but others are loving them (seems more mixed reviews than usual for the Pilot Road series, not sure why. I didn't want to spend $350 to find out.)

Roadtec 01s do seem to be considered "the best of the best" now. The price really put them out of range for me, though. I have to shoe tires on 2 bikes at once (wife also rides.)

• Member Contributer

I've been using Pilot Road 2's since they came out. I've consistently gotten 10,000 miles on a set and, from Bike Bandit, a set costs $283. They've handled much deep water on the road with aplomb. I've never felt the need for the siped version of the more recent Pilot Road series.

Archived