RWB Helmet for my RWB Interceptor

Calculon

• Member Contributer
Working as a graphic designer compels me to find a matching helmet.  Here are a couple of pics of my new helmet with the bike.

07rwbhelmet_zpslb3ndunv.jpg

08rwbhelmet_zpsxc9hk5tq.jpg

11rwbhelmet_zpsl3no0jxu.jpg

As you can see the blue and white look great and match the bike paint pretty well.  The red on the helmet is a lot hotter, brighter almost but not quite a fuschia.  The helmet itself seems to be of good quality unlike the FX95 helmet I purchased earlier this year.  I have three gripes at the moment.  The snap to attach the strap is almost up inside the helmet and is hard to reach.  The drop down sun visor has a too large cut out for the nose.  And finally, it's kinda on the hefty side... sorta like the VFR I suppose.

Have not worn it while riding yet so no comment on wind noise.  I have worn it for about 45 minutes at my desk while I worked this morning.  Mostly comfortable but I had a slight dull pain on the top of my head.  I've never experienced this in a helmet before, it's usually the front/back or sides.  Will give it another try for an hour in house before I decide to keep or return.

• Member Contributer
50 minutes ago, VARIABLE9 said:

The fit, finish, venting, optical clarity, and overall comfort of my RF1200 is superb.

They are great helmets.  I have an older RF1100 and it is still my favorite helmet.  I looked at the Indy Marquez and while it's red/white/blue the overall design doesn't do it for me.

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, VARIABLE9 said:

Yeah it’s a bit much for me. My old Shoei Lawson was much more tasteful, I think they still do the Lawson scheme on the X-Fourteen. 

That's a good one but it would have broken my budget.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Well, that didn't work.  Helmet looked great and the quality was decent but after an hour wearing it inside the house I got a hot spot at the back top of my head.  Had to send it back.

On to Plan B!

• Member Contributer

I always thought this was a pretty decent match with my RWB.  The Kabuto Aeroblade was A Shoei quality helmet with an HJC price tag.

IMG_5207.thumb.jpg.8007a78680478e82fd4c49dba8aa1dde.jpg

kabuto_aeroblade3_tricolor_helmet_750x750.jpg.a77c26b693c0428c426ee2b316a43e5e.jpg

IMG_5208.thumb.jpg.69cd0737c30e16f90f5fa9d871a7593a.jpg

• Member Contributer
7 hours ago, VARIABLE9 said:

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/arai-corsair-x-spencer-helmet

$885 on sale...Yout head is priceless. Remember that. 

There were actually a bunch of Arai helmets that I liked, two of them would have to have been imported from the UK. 

This is is an entry level Arai not offered in the States, the Arai Axces III, $570. 

https://www.thevisorshop.com/en/us/Arai-Axces-III-Matrix-Red-Motorcycle-Helmet-WhiteRedBlue/m-21838.aspx?PartnerID=16&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=UnitedStates&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIh7PFi8en3QIVip-zCh27tQsUEAQYByABEgLatvD_BwE

This one was just shy of $1k. 

https://www.thevisorshop.com/en/Arai-RX-7V-RC30-Limited-Edition-Helmet/m-21918.aspx

Really liked both of those but decided on the HJC instead. 

I looked at at some Kabuto helmets too, liked them overall but wasn’t sure on figment and I’m tired of sending helmets back. 

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, Calculon said:

What a great match for a RWB . . . that's beautiful.   I love the Arai's I've owned - beautifully made.  Even within a given brand fitmet between models varies - always good to try one on for a while before laying out cash. 

21918.jpg

Archived