7th Generation Quickshifter

Skids

• Member Contributer

Currently writing this on my phone so struggled to search for any info on this but are there any Quickshifters for the 1200F? 

I can't find a Honda one so has anyone fitted an after-market one they would recommend?

I have one on my 800X and would really like to fit one to the 1200.

Thanks.

• Member Contributer

Bazzaz makes one for the 1200, but it is packaged with their fuel controller.  Their QS-4 standalone shifter kit doesn't appear to be available for the 1200. 

https://www.bazzaz.net/index.php/honda/vfr1200-10-14

• Member Contributer
On ‎8‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 2:29 PM, Marsman99 said:

Bazzaz makes one for the 1200, but it is packaged with their fuel controller.  Their QS-4 standalone shifter kit doesn't appear to be available for the 1200. 

https://www.bazzaz.net/index.php/honda/vfr1200-10-14

Thanks m8, but that's waaaaay too much $.

Anyone else?

I struggle to believe there are 1200s out there without quickshifters (other than Bazzazz)…..the 800 is soooooo much better with one and combine that with the slipper clutch on the 1200 and it would be a very tasty package.

I wonder why Honda don't offer one of their own like they do on much of their range of bikes.

• Member Contributer

Honda did offer a QS for the 1200...call it the DCT...😏.  All kidding aside, this was a topic awhile back on the Gen7 forum.  Maybe something there you can use.  https://www.vfrdiscussion.com/index.php?/forums/topic/80508-quickshifter/

FWIW, I have all the Bazzaz QS hardware, other than the controller.  Can't use it on my DCT obviously.  Free to anyone who can figure out how to use it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer
On 8/29/2018 at 6:55 PM, Skids said:

Thanks m8, but that's waaaaay too much $.

Anyone else?

I struggle to believe there are 1200s out there without quickshifters (other than Bazzazz)…..the 800 is soooooo much better with one and combine that with the slipper clutch on the 1200 and it would be a very tasty package.

I wonder why Honda don't offer one of their own like they do on much of their range of bikes.

Got a pc5 with QS .

26993747_525088871211837_1456621631406872678_n.jpg

• Member Contributer

Skids, if you are interested, i have a Bazzaz kit accumulating dust !

Z-Fi TC Traction Control System + QS + Fuel

TC Adjust / Map Select tcadjust.jpg

• Member Contributer

Thanks Normand. I'm not sure I want anything else other than just the QS, do all 3 have to be fitted or can they fitted separately? 

• Member Contributer
8 hours ago, Skids said:

Thanks Normand. I'm not sure I want anything else other than just the QS, do all 3 have to be fitted or can they fitted separately? 

Don't want to answer for Normand, but I have the Bazzaz system on my Gen7.  The QS control is built into the FI controller which controls spark and fuel during the shift.  It must all be installed. They have a standalone QS-4 unit but not for the VFR 1200.  FWIW, the full ZFi system works very well and is very high quality.

• Member Contributer
18 hours ago, Ghostrider1127 said:

That looks like the kind of thing I was looking for.  :beer:

Lots of cables/connectors though.....looks a bit complicated.

Anybody tried one of this make?

• Member Contributer
11 hours ago, Skids said:

That looks like the kind of thing I was looking for.  :beer:

Lots of cables/connectors though.....looks a bit complicated.

Anybody tried one of this make?

The Healtech QS cuts fuel or ignition, depending on bike.  Judging by the kit instructions for the VFR 1200 it cuts fuel.

Thus, it will require removing tank, air box, and fuel rails to connect to the injectors underneath.  Not hard to do, but it'll eat up a day all said and done.

• Member Contributer
On 9/15/2018 at 10:37 AM, Marsman99 said:

Don't want to answer for Normand, but I have the Bazzaz system on my Gen7.  The QS control is built into the FI controller which controls spark and fuel during the shift.  It must all be installed. They have a standalone QS-4 unit but not for the VFR 1200.  FWIW, the full ZFi system works very well and is very high quality.

Exactly,

Instruction are very well made, easy to follow

Archived