top yoke nut replacement - Specs?

Audible

The top yoke nut on my 2016 8th generation is corroding and not looking great. Would be nice to replace it with something alloy/nicer/corrosion resistant, but I can't find what the spec is to order after market.

The listings I can find are for earlier VFR's which is 24mm x 1.0mm thread pitch, but I can't find any listings for the 8th generation or what the thread is.

So does anybody know what yoke nut I need or do I just order another OEM to corrode in another 18 months time?

Edit: While I'm looking at the area, I pulled the black plastic bung in the top of the steering stem tube and found that was corroded as well, probably due to the plastic bung trapping water at the top.

Any other 8th generation owners want to pull the steering stem plastic bung out and check for corrosion inside the steering stem tube?

• Member Contributer

Looks like a chrome plated nut, haven't heard of them corroding. Same steering nut as used on the 6gen. 90304MJ4670. Checked my 2014 56,000ks no sign of corrosion. Sorry not sure of thread specs.

image.jpeg

• Member Contributer

If you store your moto outside, prepare for parts to rust. Cleaning and drying and even using something like Boeshield (sp?) lightly on vulnerable parts and areas may slow down the oxidation. 

• Member Contributer

A steel Honda street bike stem is very likely to be M24x1.0, unless it's related to the RC30 (eg., NC30).  You can get them in titanium if you want.  Pro-Bolt used to make them in aluminum, both enclosed and open.  Lightech is another source.  

Ciao,

Archived