HELLO FROM SOUTHRN CALIFORNIA

Ennsync

• Member Contributer
On 19 October 2018 at 5:19 PM, thtanner said:

I personally think the stock exhaust is nice and quiet. Really relaxing to ride with over long distances. For short rides I could use some more oomph but I'd hate the drone on a long ride.

Below 3/4 full tank the induction roar drowns out my Akrapovic and that's with the db killer out ....which is still very quiet at low revs

• Member Contributer

Exactly, the intake noise is certainly enough to be enjoyable, without having to slap a loud exhaust that's only making the bike louder to others, not you (the rider.) 😄

I like the stock exhaust sound too.

I bought my third bike 3 weeks ago, used 2013 CB 1100, so quite and so comfortable compared to my 2014 VFR , now I realize more than ever how much I like my VFR. 

Ride safe/Ride long

• 2 weeks later...

On the highway my riot pipe is just barely audible to me over wind.  It's a lot more outstanding than you think it is.
What it does make is for very easy speed sense and control.  

The on-off button that is the low end of the throttle is especially so if you roll on,  then back off,  and let the engine brake to your new throttle position,  you will literally feel the bike die all the way down to the rpm,  then go "uhh, shit ok!" and jerk you forward even though your throttle position hasn't changed at all.  can be unnerving in bends and corners most of all.  the Evo,  and the Racing modules both actively tune on the O2 sensors in the header of the VFR.  I haven't had a throttle surge or anything but buttery awesome confidence in throttle position ever since.  

If you think it's smooth now,  with an Evo it'll be throttle by telepathy almost.  

Archived