HELLO FROM SOUTHRN CALIFORNIA

Ennsync

just joined the Forum.

riding a Red 2014 800 F , almost no modifications,what would you recommend for modifications?

Thank you

RIDE SAFE / RIDE LONG

today.jpg

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, Ennsync said:

just joined the Forum.

riding a Red 2014 800 F , almost no modifications,what would you recommend for modifications?

Thank you

RIDE SAFE / RIDE LONG

Hi Ennsync.

Welcome, you've stolen my bike! Well, mods are up to you, but you could have that beautiful Vee 4 singing with one of the many aftermarket exhausts available for the 8gen. I've fitted a light tinted PowerBronze windscreen which I'm happy with, perhaps a neat throttle locker might be good if you do a lot of highways miles, I've fitted a Kaoko version and it's visably discrete. If you like to rush through the gears you could also go for the OEM accessory Quick Shifter. The choices are yours. The forum is full of good info regarding accessories and exhaust fitting.

Glad you got the fastest colour. Enjoy your ride, also, the 8gen has a lot of improved electrical reliability built into it.

Cheers. :wheel:

• Member Contributer

Welcome ennsync, enjoy the ride, take some time to adjust the suspension to suit you, amazing what a difference it makes to the handling. If you are pro frame sliders I recommend the ones from T Rex. Also bar risers are great if you find you have too much weight on your wrists. I have kept the stock exhaust to this point?

• Member Contributer

Welcome Aboard! Can’t really comment as to what I would mod on an 8 Gen, as I don’t own one or even ridden one but the list of things I’ve done to my 5 & 6 Gens is pretty long. Regardless of generation though, I’ll always recommend tweaking or upgrading the suspension, the ROI of doing this is by far the best of any mod I’ve done.

Thank you all for the welcome.

I have placed Moto Pump 1.2 inches this weekend and it definitely made the ride much more comfortable.

between GIVI and Puig and Power bronze I am still undecided , as I like the sporty look but I need one more Turing oriented.

Throttle lock is a must for me as in freeway speeds I really feel fatigue and pain on right wrist , looking for the options. 

I will have to look at the YouTube videos to learn on how to adjust the suspension.

I also saw on VFR world that friend s are recommending lowering peg from Knight design, so it is on my list too.

I have already placed order for T30 tires ,a nd center stand. Next would be attaching a 12V socket and a GPS and USP mount.changed the oil and 4000 miles service at HONDA this weekend and am ready to ride to Flagstaff and Back this long weekend.

It is nice to be member here and Thank you for help and welcome.

Ride safe/Ride long

• Member Contributer

Not trying to be a spoil sport, but in regards to your center stand, just a heads up, several members on VRFWorld had placed orders a while ago and they are perpetually backed ordered. Perhaps that has changed but be prepared for a long wait just in case...

On ‎8‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 6:21 AM, Duc2V4 said:

Welcome Aboard! Can’t really comment as to what I would mod on an 8 Gen, as I don’t own one or even ridden one but the list of things I’ve done to my 5 & 6 Gens is pretty long. Regardless of generation though, I’ll always recommend tweaking or upgrading the suspension, the ROI of doing this is by far the best of any mod I’ve done.

Thank you

• Member Contributer

Welcome to the asylum. Beautiful Machine; and in the fastest color. You obviously have great taste in mc's. You've come to the best place for Honda V4 information, once you get past all the lies, exaggerations, and bovine droppings. 

get heated grips. if you go anywhere outside socal, they'll really make a difference. there are Honda ones for this bike specifically but you don't need to get those; i installed generics what work perfectly well that iirc were less than $100.

also a word about center stands, i've said it before and i'll say it as many times as i have to: SIXTH GEN CENTERSTAND KITS ARE THE EXACT SAME PART AND ARE MUCH CHEAPER AND MORE AVAILABLE. get a used one if you can; it's a hunk of metal. unless it's bent up or corroded away, the only difference between new and used is that the used one will have some grit on the surface. for that much of a markdown, i would think fifteen minutes with some grease cleaner and a rag is worth it. so if your order doesn't come through...

9 hours ago, TheLoneReader said:

get heated grips. if you go anywhere outside socal, they'll really make a difference. there are Honda ones for this bike specifically but you don't need to get those; i installed generics what work perfectly well that iirc were less than $100.

also a word about center stands, i've said it before and i'll say it as many times as i have to: SIXTH GEN CENTERSTAND KITS ARE THE EXACT SAME PART AND ARE MUCH CHEAPER AND MORE AVAILABLE. get a used one if you can; it's a hunk of metal. unless it's bent up or corroded away, the only difference between new and used is that the used one will have some grit on the surface. for that much of a markdown, i would think fifteen minutes with some grease cleaner and a rag is worth it. so if your order doesn't come through...

Thank you for sharing your experience , , Huntington Beach Honda will call me when THE CENTERSTAND IS IN, iT WAS FOR 50$ FOR THE PACKAGE , PROCE IS GOOD ISNOT IT?

• Member Contributer

Amongst the heated grips threads there a write up by a member here or VFRWORLD that shows how to connect up a set of Oxford heated grips that will use the 5 position Honda switch, which presumably is simply not connected to anything currently 

8 hours ago, Ennsync said:

Thank you for sharing your experience , , Huntington Beach Honda will call me when THE CENTERSTAND IS IN, iT WAS FOR 50$ FOR THE PACKAGE , PROCE IS GOOD ISNOT IT?

The centerstand parts are cheap - but the labor will be very expensive. They have to drop the exhaust to install it.

The oem heated grips aren’t very expensive and they plug right into the existing harness, and you even get the indicator on the dash.

Have placed order for Knight design lowering pegs kit almost $200 with shipment , and T-rex no cut frame slider, and front and rear axle slider Around $ 300. Both were shipped , but will be here next week . will update about my findings.

will order a touring windshield and here you go the BEST Sport Touring available to Human motorcyclists.

For now will use  soft bag with cords on back sit for longer rides and I also have a Nelson Riggs magnet tank bag,  very useful. OEM hard bags in process of ordering , may be several paycheck from now.

Thank you.

Ride safe/Ride Long

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎9‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 3:54 AM, 14thumper said:

If you’re interested in the OEM quickshifter I have one that was removed after about 200 miles.  Shoot me a PM if you’re interested it’s basically new, no damage.  I’m in N. California.

Thank you for the offer, What are the use of quick shifter? is it universal and easy to install?

Thank you Ride safe/Ride long

• Member Contributer
On 8/29/2018 at 8:52 AM, Ennsync said:

I've ordered from over 15 dealerships and all have been refunded. Shows as in-stock in their system, and never arrives.

4 hours ago, Ennsync said:

Thank you for the offer, What are the use of quick shifter? is it universal and easy to install?

Quickshifter is an OEM accessory for clutchless up shifts.

You asked about recommended modifications? It really doesn't need any. Seriously, put 10k miles on it and then see what you really need. 😄 The best thing you can do for the bike is get rid of the OEM tires and get new ones ASAP. I put Roadsmart 3's on and it totally transformed the bike into the VFR I knew it was.

11 hours ago, Ennsync said:

It’s exactly as the name implies, it’s a quick shifter.  You can upshift with open throttle without using the clutch.  As I stated it’s OEM which means it’s a Honda part, not universal.  It’s designed for this bike and is very easy to install, plugs right in.

On ‎9‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 9:14 PM, 14thumper said:

It’s exactly as the name implies, it’s a quick shifter.  You can upshift with open throttle without using the clutch.  As I stated it’s OEM which means it’s a Honda part, not universal.  It’s designed for this bike and is very easy to install, plugs right in.

well then I guess I may need one.

• 1 month later...

I highly recommend a louder exhaust,  the  quick shifter,  and rapid bike evo.  then go looking for a used OEM centerstand,  and heated grips setup.   

Can't tell you how many cold rides have been A-OK because I switch the grips on,  and get in a half-tuck on the highway.

And I can tell you exactly how useful a center stand is.  the oil drains better.  it's sturdy when you ahve to muscle the oil filter out of the fairing brackets ect,  and you can remove the rear wheel with bike on the center,  and take it and a new tire to ANY car tire fitter to get it mounted and balanced.  it's 4x100 after all.  If you plan to work on your bike at all,  it's an outstanding bit to have.  up on the center,  then a pitbull for the frontend,  and it's ready for whatever.

(hah,   5x100 now. still used to my 6th)

• Member Contributer
10 hours ago, Voided76 said:

I highly recommend a louder exhaust,  the  quick shifter,  and rapid bike evo.  then go looking for a used OEM centerstand,  and heated grips setup.   

Can't tell you how many cold rides have been A-OK because I switch the grips on,  and get in a half-tuck on the highway.

And I can tell you exactly how useful a center stand is.  the oil drains better.  it's sturdy when you ahve to muscle the oil filter out of the fairing brackets ect,  and you can remove the rear wheel with bike on the center,  and take it and a new tire to ANY car tire fitter to get it mounted and balanced.  it's 4x100 after all.  If you plan to work on your bike at all,  it's an outstanding bit to have.  up on the center,  then a pitbull for the frontend,  and it's ready for whatever.

(hah,   5x100 now. still used to my 6th)

RapidBike Evo? Why? The bike is smooth from the factory. I know you were calling the throttle jumpy but I just don't see it. It's all in the wrist.

I personally think the stock exhaust is nice and quiet. Really relaxing to ride with over long distances. For short rides I could use some more oomph but I'd hate the drone on a long ride.

The center stand you'll have to piece together, I have a parts list posted in my center stand thread. The kit has been back ordered for over a year now. 

You know what I suggest for the Gen 8? Fuel, and saddle time. after about 10-20k miles then come back and see what you need to fiddle with; you'll want to do suspension then anyways 😄

9 hours ago, thtanner said:

I personally think the stock exhaust is nice and quiet. Really relaxing to ride with over long distances. For short rides I could use some more oomph but I'd hate the drone on a long ride.

I thought I was the only one who kept the stock exhaust!

Archived