Hello From Boston

Calculon

• Member Contributer

Just bought a new to me 2007 Interceptor.  I've been wanting one of these for a looooong time, now I will find out if it was worth the wait.  I'm the third owner of this little beastie, the first was ultra meticulous and all of his documentation came along with the bike.  The second owner was a bit more lax, the bike sat for about a year and it showed in the chain and some other bits.  It also has a lowering kit that I plan on rectifying back to stock as soon as possible.  The bike is all insured and registered now and I've had a few short local runs, so smooth and what an great gearbox.  Even with the risers it's still a more aggressive posture than my Versys or Ninja but I'm getting used to it.

01vfr_zpssdbkhe1d.jpg

First order of business was getting the old chain back into shape.

04vfr_zpsuh1j8any.jpg

The Interceptor hanging out with her new friends.

05vfr_zpssvaz8l8c.jpg

Finally out and about.

I've got a few simple jobs/mods I want to do.  It's right before 15k miles on the clock so there is some general maintenance due.  Considering aftermarket exhaust and some luggage options at the moment.  May have to wait until next season for that stuff.  Anyway, hello to all!

• Member Contributer

Welcome Aboard! Nice looking ride, I’m sure you’ll find loads of useful information here on the site. Congratulations!

• Member Contributer

Welcome to VFRD from across the pond :beer:

Passed through Boston a couple of times in the 90's on my way to Maynard. Nice area!

• Member Contributer

Welcome to the asylum. You obviously have great taste in mc's. And that '07 Anniversary machine is beautiful. You've come to the best place for Honda V4 information.

• Member Contributer

Well hello Dutchy and MaxSwell, nice to meet some other members.  Dutchy I've yet to travel to the Netherlands but it is on my short list of places I would like to visit.  MaxSwell, you and I used to be neighbors of a sort, many years ago I lived next door in Wisconsin... well very far next door as I was in Milwaukee.  Go Pack, Go!

• Member Contributer
19 hours ago, Calculon said:

Well hello Dutchy and MaxSwell, nice to meet some other members.  Dutchy I've yet to travel to the Netherlands but it is on my short list of places I would like to visit.  MaxSwell, you and I used to be neighbors of a sort, many years ago I lived next door in Wisconsin... well very far next door as I was in Milwaukee.  Go Pack, Go!

Welcome to both hoods. I happen to be a Packer Fan also. I resent having to pay for the stadium for rich people. Your outfit is publicly owned so they are okay in my book. So "Go Pack Go!"

• Member Contributer

Welcome to the Board, nice to see another New Englander here.

That is a really nice looking anniversary VFR. I had a go on a friends anniversary  a few years back, about 80 miles, really nice handling bike for stone stock.

I'm in Boston quite a bit, mostly flying in or out for work. I did though ride my 4th gen down through Boston to Rhode Island last month for a weeks job. It was so much better and quicker than flying.

• Member Contributer
On 8/23/2018 at 2:25 PM, MaxSwell said:

I happen to be a Packer Fan also. Your outfit is publicly owned so they are okay in my book. So "Go Pack Go!"

Fantastic!  Great taste in bikes and football teams.

On 8/23/2018 at 4:40 PM, FromMaine said:

Welcome to the Board, nice to see another New Englander here.

On 8/24/2018 at 10:06 AM, adkfinn said:

Welcome from another New Englander and nice bike! I love the anniversary livery.

Hello New Englanders!  If you guys are ever riding around the Kanc or HWY 9... or other great roads in the area let me know.  Great to meet you two.

• Member Contributer
8 hours ago, adkfinn said:

I'd be all for a NE ride. Let's see if we can get something going. 

Definitely.  September and October are great times to ride in Vermont and New Hampshire.  I just need to get the lowering kit removed from my bike, it's completely rideable I just prefer stock height.

Archived