Can I use VFR1200 panniers on my VFR800 (8th Gen)

Morries

Hi All,

I'm new to VFR'ing and new to the forum. I bought my bike (VFR800F 8th) a few weeks ago as a bridge getting me back into motorcycling (or biking pending on the audience). Absolutely loving her, under estimated every facet of her to the point that I'm looking to invest in her for touring. Herein lies the issue, getting bespoke luggage isn't cheap new nor is it easy to find on the usual sites - Ebay, Gumtree, etc. I've looked at the alternative suppliers, but it they don't really float my boat. There are a lot of adverts for VFR1200 panniers and I'm wondering if they are interchangeable between the models? 

Your comments or suggestions will be much appreciated. 

• Member Contributer

I believe they are, though the exhaust-side pannier needs slight modification. Can't recall why but I'm sure someone will be along at some point to say what.

Shame you don't live closer, you could come and try mine.

On 8/17/2018 at 12:25 PM, Skids said:

I believe they are, though the exhaust-side pannier needs slight modification. Can't recall why but I'm sure someone will be along at some point to say what.

Shame you don't live closer, you could come and try mine.

Thanks, manage to get a response confirming the ‘interchangeability’. Catch up on the M4 at some point

• Member Contributer
On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 12:13 PM, Morries said:

Hi All,

I'm new to VFR'ing and new to the forum. I bought my bike (VFR800F 8th) a few weeks ago as a bridge getting me back into motorcycling (or biking pending on the audience). Absolutely loving her, under estimated every facet of her to the point that I'm looking to invest in her for touring. Herein lies the issue, getting bespoke luggage isn't cheap new nor is it easy to find on the usual sites - Ebay, Gumtree, etc. I've looked at the alternative suppliers, but it they don't really float my boat. There are a lot of adverts for VFR1200 panniers and I'm wondering if they are interchangeable between the models? 

Your comments or suggestions will be much appreciated. 

the panniers fit as far as im aware the heatshield may needed altered slightly.  If your after a 45l top box Nelix on the 8th gen page has one and its carrier for sale.

Archived