multistrada Airhead VFR alternative

• Member Contributer

OMG, I bought a 05 Multi S DS, so that is the ohlins model with hardbags. I have to let you that the handling is so much better than my 5th gen modded out with aftermarket suspension and the extra grunt with the 1000 cc, more comfortable as well.

2580_Full titanium 1.jpg

Wanted to love these bikes but the front end just didn't do it for me. Now the Hyperstrada with its angry chicken beak, I do actually like a lot. 

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, hardrivn said:

Wanted to love these bikes but the front end just didn't do it for me. Now the Hyperstrada with its angry chicken beak, I do actually like a lot. 

Agree, I'm sure they are good, but they are outright ugly.

• maxredline changed the title to multistrada Airhead VFR alternative
  • Member Contributer

Ya , Fugly for sure but the ride OMG. I park the bike so I look at the rear most of the time with the beautiful Arrow cans LOL!

The Hyperstrada, I would not entertain if you were thinking putting more than  a few hours a day on unless you did some mods and even then I would bet it would not be as comfy as the MS.

• Member Contributer

Be sure and get the belts and valves done, as well as flush all the fluids. That bike has excellent suspension and I’d get them serviced, sprung, and valved to you, too. It’ll be a solid bike to enjoy, then. 

Archived