Staintune re-release

Duc2V4

• Member Contributer

In case anyone is interested in a Staintune exhaust but is not on Facebook. Looks like they are going to do a special run...

HONDA VFR800 Twin Oval Mufflers and Collector is Back!

Due to customers consistent inquiries! Staintune will be releasing a special production run of VFR800 Vtec mufflers to be apart of this last production run e-mail your interest or message me HOMSVFR8i $1600 AUD kindest regards Adam Staintune

Staintune FB page

• Member Contributer

That seems high considering the $500-800 options out there. Delk, GPR, there’s a NIB Scorpion on eBay, and there’s SP Engineering I just started looking at. 

• Member Contributer

I’m sure some of the others sound like Honda Civic cans, but almost double the price is tough. Need LeoV to reissue!  Repack intervals...can’t say that would bother me too much. 

• Member Contributer

Staintunes imho are the absolute best looking and sounding kit for the VFR.  When you see the quality of these you will know they will last the life of the bike.  Incomparable finish and sound.  I've heard and seen all of the competition = no comparison.  I have never regretted my purchase, frankly one of the best farkles I've gotten for either my 5th or current 6th gen.  You get what you pay for. 

Dave

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, dgordon said:

Staintunes imho are the absolute best looking and sounding kit for the VFR.  When you see the quality of these you will know they will last the life of the bike.  Incomparable finish and sound.  I've heard and seen all of the competition = no comparison.  I have never regretted my purchase, frankly one of the best farkles I've gotten for either my 5th or current 6th gen.  You get what you pay for. 

Dave

Lasers look the best, possibly sound the best on 6th. Staintune is 100% the best single side muffler for the 5th! (I have 2, low and high mount)

• Member Contributer
17 hours ago, Auspanglish said:

How do you stain a tune?

If you think about it, staining something does not sound particularly flattering...

I have always read it like sta-in-tune I could be wrong on this and I most likely am wrong. but that's what I am going with.

23 hours ago, KevCarver said:

Lasers look the best, possibly sound the best on 6th. Staintune is 100% the best single side muffler for the 5th! (I have 2, low and high mount)

It's funny how many people say this (about the 5th Gen Staintune). I had one on my old 5th Gen (looked for several years to get a decent deal on a 2nd-hand one). In speaking to a motorcycle tuner, he reckoned that the flow design of the pipe actually wasn't the best. Granted, they're a long-term proposition, and you never need to repack 'em, but whether they're the "best" slip-on you can chuck on a 5th Gen in terms of flow/performance is probably debatable.

My current 5th-Gen came with a small run custom high mount made for AB (and a few other 5th Gen diehards) back in the day. I'd have to get a VERY good deal on something demonstrably better than it to even consider changing it out. Frankly, I doubt that there's anything (including Staintune) out there that is "better enough" to be compelling...

• Member Contributer

I never said flow or performance was better.  Just the looks and sound.  And honestly, with a slip on, what the heck else matters?  Hands down the best for our bikes.  If you like the sound and performance out of your setup, my congrats to you.  There are really NO issues with these pipes for our bikes. 

Dave

Archived