A Shout Out for Pro Bolt Fasteners

mello dude

• Member Contributer

Want to give a shout out for Pro Bolt on their excellent fasteners. (And a little fun while I’m at it.) Kinda pic crazy... 

I have a tendency to strip my ride at any little annoyance, and from that I have worn the paint off the front fender. Ok, no mas... So I wanted to go to something that doesn’t rotate against the paint every disassembly like the stock OEMs. – A trip to Lowes and I found these nylon washers, and had on hand some Honda collars that could stay fixed when the fastener comes off.  

I was searching around for a dome head fastener that could work, and I remember something Mohawk mentioned ProBolt, so I checked ‘em out. Well, there’s nothing more dangerous than a Saturday nite beer buzz and a credit card, and I found ProBolt had titanium 6mm Dome heads that looked perfect. ---Jeez, you know, sometimes a guy has just has to have gold titanium fender fasteners – right?😁

Ordered a few stainless too for other purposes. Got the parts in and they deserve a “wow.”  These things are jewels of a fastener.  Its not too often you get something  thats way better than you expect.  And they give you other useful nylon washers that will come in handy. --   Definitely on the go to list, when the need is there.  Cheers :beer::fing02:

Pics

i-2RNSndf-M.jpg

i-qTbRWs9-S.jpg

i-6SwGkkL-L.jpg

i-DZjLX6x-L.jpg

i-5xK89kw-L.jpg

i-bj7XnZh-M.jpg

• Like 2

• Member Contributer

That's another 5km/hr added to your top speed right there MD. Take it easy on the first test ride!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Member Contributer

Interesting, this is from their website: "We manufacture in the UK using single process on multi-axis CNC machining centres, which includes thread rolling."

Cool. But wow, are they pricey! Looks like I'll be sticking to steel. :beer: After all, steel is real.

• Member Contributer

I bought some of their safety wire bolts, these are bolts with predrilled holes for safety wire. They also have a “dual drive” bolt, it’ll take an Allen head or a traditional socket/wrench, which are really cool too.

• Member Contributer

Definitely not made in China. It's what most of the BSB field and a healthy dose of the Irish road race boys use. Check out these guys, too:

https://raceboltuk.com/product-category/motorcycle-kits/honda/vfr800-vtec-02-12/

• Like 1

• Member Contributer
6 hours ago, TheLimey said:

Definitely not made in China. It's what most of the BSB field and a healthy dose of the Irish road race boys use. Check out these guys, too:

https://raceboltuk.com/product-category/motorcycle-kits/honda/vfr800-vtec-02-12/

Hmmm...do they know something I don't?

• Member Contributer
On 08/12/2018 at 6:39 PM, FJ12Ryder said:

Are the spacers/standoffs OEM or did you order them with the bolts?

Ordered from  Partzilla, worked out ok... 

i-7RVRWNW-S.jpg

----There's only 10,196 collars in the Honda parts search.. 

• Member Contributer
On 8/13/2018 at 1:35 AM, Stray said:

Pricy...but good...but pricy...

Well, you know... a good beer buzz and a credit card can justify anything... :beer:

• Haha 1