31 or 45 liter top box?

Sparkie

I'm going to order a oem honda top box soon.  I already have the oem panniers.  I'm not sure if I want to get the 31 liter box or the 45 liter box.  What size would you suggest?

I went for the 45 myself. When it is fitted you can't really tell it is there so the extra size is not really a factor. I found that for a weekend it is big enough without needing the panniers and when touring a combination of panniers and the larger top box is ideal. I don't regret my choice but I guess it depends on what works for you.

Hope that helps a bit...

• Member Contributer

You cant get the 45l in USA you need to import it a few have and posted up how they did it.

If you go for the 45 you will need to purchase the fitting kit for it as its different to the 31l.

Love my 45l box.

My 31l just barely fits my Shoei GT-Air (size L) or my Qwest (size XL). If you plan on using it to store your helmet when you are off the bike, you only have a few cubic inches of space left to store stuff.

Otherwise, it looks great, locks up solidly, and functions flawlessly like factory luggage should.

• 7 months later...

I finally decided on the smaller box.  I wanted to keep the weight down, so I figured the smaller box was the way to go.  It does fit my helmet (shoei rf1200) just fine.  I also put some reflective tape around the box.  🙂

0328191807.jpg

0328191807a.jpg

0329191925.jpg

2 hours ago, jimmyp said:

Is that a Corbin seat on your bike? How do you like it?

It is a corbin seat.  I like it.  It's much more comfortable than the stock seat was for me.  It is worth mentioning that it is a little heavier, taller, and wider than stock.  And it is one piece, so you can't use the cowl.  I would still recommend it.  I'd like to try a seargent seat sometime, just to compare the two.  

Archived