HISS + FI fast flashing, turn off the engine during ride

Stratocaster2

Hello,

I bought VFR 800 VTEC (2002) and since I bought it I still have some problems.
I drove on the bike about 1000 km. After purchase, bike was in service and they made: replacement of liquids, filters, valve adjustment, new regulator replaced, ultrasonic cleaning the fuel system, new battery and iridium spark plugs. Everything would be perfect, but VFR started to turn off the engine during drive (engine turn off during gear change – press clutch paw). In those 1000 km, it happened about 5 times. It always happened when the clutch paw is pressed and I changed the gear. I was always on a straight way (80-100 km / h) and it happend 5 times. After that, the bike immediately starts as if nothing has happened. But today, I have another strange problem (it has happened to me once). I came back from the trip and went to refuel. Tank was full, I started the bike and I drove20 meters and the motorbike turn the engine during changed the gear again. After the start, VFR was able to run for about 4 seconds and then again. After 5 minutes of trouble, another problem has been added. HISS light started flashing together with the FI light. It all sounded like a relay clicked. The fuel pump did not work at that moment. I changed the key (I assumed it would be a bad chip in the key), but obviously not. After about 20 minutes I started and left. I will definitely not fix a motorbike, but maybe someone has this problem.

Here is the link on the video.

Video on youtube

PS: Diagnostic didn´t show anything.

PS: My mechanic didn´t found any bad connections (broken wire atc.)

He tried to measure everything a no results.

PS: Charging is OK

Thank you for help and sorry for my English.

• Member Contributer

Maybe the sidestand switch or wire is damaged and intermittently cutting the ignition? You can take the sidestand switch off and just jumper the wires in the connector. 

Otherwise I'd suggest a ground block fault for the strange symptoms.

Archived