VFR water pump rebuild

evl_twn

• Member Contributer

Has anyone tried rebuilding a leaking water pump? Just noticed today when getting my 86 VFR out of storage the weep hole is leaking coolant. The OEM pumps are no longer available. I did see a kit on ebay, I guess that might be our only option for the pumps that are disco'd from Honda?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/362178208251

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

After contacting the seller on ebay, I ended up ordering one of his complete rebuilt pumps for my 86 VFR. I also sent him one of the RC30 water pumps, since they're no longer available form Honda like the early VFR pumps. I was impressed with the rebuilt pump I received last week, he's also done with the RC30 pump rebuild so it's on its way back home now.

His name is Tom Funk, and he can be reached at azv65@aol.com (baxter7092 on ebay). He does offer discounts for not having to deal with the ebay BS. Contact him directly if you would like more info on the kits, complete pumps, or having him service your pump.

His reply from email regarding contact and discounts: 

Use my ebay user name (baxter7092) and state they can contact me at my email for a discount etc. I can do kits for $143.95, less if purchasing more than 1.  Overhaul their pump $219.95, plus shipping. Thanks

• Member Contributer

Which is amazing, considering how crappy it looked when I sent it to him. He does impressive work. He also guarantees his work if he does the rebuild.

003.JPG

004.JPG

Archived