back protector

FromMaine

• Member Contributer

Last year I picked up a new old stock Spidi Evoluzione 2 piece track suit. It did not come with a back protector so I've been looking around for one that would fit. Haven't really looked for an original as the suit looks to be maybe 10 years old and there have been some major advances in armour since then.

Any suggestion on where I should look? The slot is about 18" X 12" or 46cm X 30 cm.

Here's a pic of the suit. Yeah I know, interesting color scheme...………..

Thanks

DSCF3329.JPG

• Member Contributer

I went with a full length one and remove the insert in my 2-pcs. I run the Tryonic and it's pretty comfortable under the jacket. Don't really think about it much.

RevIt also makes inserts that might fit.

https://www.revitsport.com/en/back-protector-seesoft-kn-44089.html#225

• Member Contributer

Thanks for the replies.

Should have thought of Knox, I had a 3rd Gen in the UK when I was working there a few years ago and lots of guys used their armour.

The Revit looks like it would fit well and appears to be quality gear.

Spidi's main contacts are in Italy, but they do have an office in CA. I'll send them an e-mail and see if they have any info on the suit. Everything I can find on the web is in Italian.

• Member Contributer

There's loads of dealers over here that can supply D30 and other standards of armour, to fit. I'd be very surprised if there weren't a lot more over there.

• Member Contributer
On 8/2/2018 at 10:06 AM, FromMaine said:

Thanks for the replies.

Should have thought of Knox, I had a 3rd Gen in the UK when I was working there a few years ago and lots of guys used their armour.

The Revit looks like it would fit well and appears to be quality gear.

Spidi's main contacts are in Italy, but they do have an office in CA. I'll send them an e-mail and see if they have any info on the suit. Everything I can find on the web is in Italian.

I have a Knox Contour back protector that you strap on your back that I would be willing to sell, if you're interested. Also I just listed in the classifieds an Alpinestars jacket with separate Bionic Air back protector that fits into a jacket pocket. The Knox one is the non-race version in this video

• Member Contributer

Forcefield only make body armour, I got a great CE 2 back protector from them that has a honeycomb design to keep cool as well as protected

Archived