Superbike handlebar solutions 3rd gen

2 hours ago, SEBSPEED said:

P4_zpsadbthran.jpg

20150823_160126-1_zpshtipnz5l.jpg

Thanks! You are quite far from original. By the way, how did you solve the reservoir tank of the coolant?

I made a small aluminum tank and wrapped it with carbon fiber vinyl to hide it. It is mounted just behind the radiator on a real carbon fiber bracket attached to the motor. 

LAST_zpsi7amqb4x.jpg

The Honda Deauville upper fork bridge is 100% interchangeable with the original 3rd gen upper bridge? Is that a good solution for superbike handlebar conversion?

• 4 weeks later...

What would be the recommendation regarding thrttle cable for a superbike handlebar conversion? ST1100/ST1300 have the same end fits like the original one? How much are they longer?

• Member Contributer
6 hours ago, Occse said:

What would be the recommendation regarding thrttle cable for a superbike handlebar conversion? ST1100/ST1300 have the same end fits like the original one? How much are they longer?

I used st1100 cables on my 5th gen handle bar mod, the hardware fittings matched but they were only just long enough and the angles where they meet the throttle grip are a little tighter than original. I also had to trim 3/4 of an inch from the outer case of the push cable (not so easy) to get it to match the distance between the cable brackets on the throttle body and the throttle quadrant. I now wonder if the st1300 cables might have been better?

The biggest challenge of the job was getting the bars and master cylinders/leavers on them to clear the underside of the windscreen fairing edges and tank on full lock. I ended up with about a match stick width of clearance on top and I had to shorten the bars an inch to get this.

You may also need to mod the bango locators on your master cylinders so the lines don't conflict with tops of your suspension and to improve their direction lead to maximise slack in the lines.

19 hours ago, Zarquon said:

I used st1100 cables on my 5th gen handle bar mod, the hardware fittings matched but they were only just long enough and the angles where they meet the throttle grip are a little tighter than original. I also had to trim 3/4 of an inch from the outer case of the push cable (not so easy) to get it to match the distance between the cable brackets on the throttle body and the throttle quadrant. I now wonder if the st1300 cables might have been better?

The biggest challenge of the job was getting the bars and master cylinders/leavers on them to clear the underside of the windscreen fairing edges and tank on full lock. I ended up with about a match stick width of clearance on top and I had to shorten the bars an inch to get this.

You may also need to mod the bango locators on your master cylinders so the lines don't conflict with tops of your suspension and to improve their direction lead to maximise slack in the lines.

Thanks! 

For 3rd gen the cable would be also plug&play?

Just got an ABM top yoke for the VFR. 

If any one else hs something lik this could you please tell me whether only 6-7mm of threaded part goes through the top yoke? Is that sufficient for the Service Manual tightening torque?

http://keptarhely.eu/view.php?file=20180913v00oc9wtw.jpeg

Archived