Swarf build up

Howesnet

Hi all. As mentioned in a previous post,  my 2010 G7 is starting to get very hot. Someone has suggested to me that this could be a Swarf problem as this was a known issue in the 2010. Im currently at roughly 28000miles and had the oil & filter done in the 24k service. What's the best way to check if this is the case and what can be done about it.

Cheers

• Member Contributer

How many bars are showing up on your temperature display?  If it's 3 or less you don't have an over heating problem.

I noticed that you mentioned the heel plate (foot peg bracket) is getting too hot to touch.  Bear in mind that the rear header pipes are right behind that side.  My bike is always hotter on the right side because of this.   I have even taken infared temp readings of my engine case in various spots after a hard run around town (bike at idle) and found very little difference in engine case temps or cylinder temps.   I supposed you could do something similar to know for sure.

The other option would be to contact your local Honda dealer and provide them with the VIN number for the bike to see if it is one of the affected motorcycles in their recall.

Archived