2nd bike

Squiggz

Hello riders! 

I'm looking to pick up a '98 VFR 800 next wed.  Seller told me the stator should be replaced, (R) side has been down and crappy paint is only problem with bike.  After reading various threads on the VFR's I feel like I have to check this out as the bike only has 10,500 miles on it and is selling for $800.  Seller purchased for $1200 and was looking to fix up.  I"m reaching out to you guys for advice as this is obviously a steal or possibly my cornbread being taken.  Hoping to start the bike and hopefully the stator is only bad  egg as I am fully prepared to fix a few things as well as new fairings.  I rode like a MadMax when I was a teen into my early 20s.  Dropped an FZR600 @ 65 mph 100yrs ago and stepped away for a while.  I've gotten back on a few bikes over the past cpl years and you know the rest.  Any advice?

• Member Contributer

Charging system is a weak point on VFRs, so you might also need a reg/rec (get a modern MOSFET-type or series-type) and to replace wiring and connectors.  It can be fixed, but might take a while.  10,000mi is barely broken in...

Ciao,

Archived