New (to me) 2010 1200f

Hello all.

I purchased a 2010 1200f about a month ago now and just wanted to introduce myself.  I had an 07 Speed Triple previously which I bought new.  It was time for a change.  Had a couple of issues with the Triumph and felt more were coming.  I also wanted something a little more comfortable for long distances with some luggage options.

Its early yet, but I am loving it so far.  Effortless speed. I love the looks.

I bought mine used with just under 5k miles, Corbin seat and a Vforce taller windscreen.  Drivetrain recall was done.

I see Helibars in my future.  The reach is a little long for me and i find myself up against the tank sometimes.  

I've stalled a couple of times in first gear at slow speeds.  Not sure if its me getting used to a new bike or first gear fueling issues which ive read about.  I found some OEM luggage second hand which should be arriving shortly.  No rubber bits included so may have to come up with something myself as the part seems unobtanium in the US.  It  seems available in Europe but at ridiculous prices for two pieces of rubber and shipping is prohibitive. 

The bike sounds a bit meh but its not something im too worried about.  Maybe theres an exhaust in my future too?

Ciaran

• Member Contributer

Welcome to VFRD from across the pond :fing02:

But we need a PICTURE of your bike; cos w/o it, you donot exist :goofy:

• Member Contributer

Could a European member purchase a pair of rubber thingys and post them? That would be cheaper.

Either way, welcome. Glad yr enjoying the 1200, mine's a keeper.

• Member Contributer

That kit will be ~eur 14 (I could call my local shop)

If parts are <3cm high, they will fit in an enveloppe and postage will be around eur 10.

Shipping a small parcel is ~euro 25

That’s more reasonable. It’s just two rubber pieces and two screws I believe. 

I should have the bags Tuesday or Wednesday. I’m going to see if it’s somethig I could make myself. 

I will let you know. Thank you for the kind offer. 

• Member Contributer

Perfect!

Do check if you'd need 1 or 2 of these sets.....

Archived