Tires for my 98

11jalrge

I have a brand new pp3 on the rear and I need to replace my front asap because my Jeep finally died for good so I am back to commuting on the bike  again.I had planned on ordering another pp3 for the front but now looks like I need to have my front one replaced this weekend at a local shop.I have a choice of a pilot RS or a pp2 CT and would like to know which would be the better match for the new pp3 that's already on the rear.Most of my riding will be in DC suburbs until I work out a replacement for the jeep.thanks for the help!

• Member Contributer

2ct or a road2ct would be my choice. In fact my usual was  PR2ct rear and 2ct front. Trying out the dunlop roadsmarts this go around. They beat the pilots IMHO.

• Member Contributer

Pilot RS is an awesome tire! I have been using them at the track on my 5 Gen and put on 1100+ miles (purely track time) and they just about done both front and rear. I prefer these over the PP3s I ran previously. Going to invest in another set soon.

• Member Contributer

Pilot RS will probably give you better wear characteristics than the PP. Then, when you replace your rear, try a PR5. That’ll give you better wear on the rear, without feeling too sluggish. But, keep running the Pilot RS on the front, so you maintain the sharp handling you’re probably used to.

• Member Contributer

Sorry about the late reply but I'd go with a Power RS front

Having said that, a PR5 would work almost as well and last much longer. For those of us doing few track days and located far from the twisties the extra grip of Pilot Powers is wasted.

I went with the RS just mounted at Romney cycles in West Virginia.They always take good care of me even though they are not a Honda dealer.Now I get to break it in on the ride back to Oakland MD where I live.Thanks 

Archived