Stong winds + hill = toppled vfr

Rollos

So last weekend NY experienced a unusually strong storm and I had me bike parked the wrong way round on a hill. Less than 600 total miles and the poor thing was introduced to the pavement. I was going to do the first service myself but now I'm considering getting it a checkup at a dealership or shop. Any recommendations on NYC wrenches are welcome. It dropped right side down, scuffed up the engine, bar end, exhaust, and popped The retaining washer off the break pedal. I got the washers back in place after a quick trip to Home Depot for the pinch washer pliers. Besides cosmetic damage the only noticable issues are throttle stickiness (probably pinched by the bar end weight), and slight missalighnment of the bars. I'm hoping the bar isn't bent but it's hard to tell. Any advice is welcome

• Member Contributer

It’s all stuff you could probably correct / repair / replace by yourself.  Buy the parts off of eBay, use a service manual as a guide. 

Would your our insurance cover it?  If you aren’t mechanically inclined this could be an option. 

• Member Contributer

I've been getting solid service from a place on Long Island City (Queens) - New York Honda Yamaha.

If you insured for this sort of thing, let them know and they can work with the adjuster.

Archived