16000 mile valve check extended to 24000

Aeolo

Read in a magazine today that Honda have extended the first valve check to 24000 miles.
Anybody aware of this?

Interesting, which magazine, and does it indicate which models and years?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

It’s in motorcycle sport & leisure mag. It’s a 6 paged article on buying a used 800 vfr looking at models 2014 onwards.
Thanks - of course it's British, you guys get all the good motorcycle mags. Would be awesome if you're willing to scan the article and post it for those of us across the pond...

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, Aeolo said:

Read in a magazine today that Honda have extended the first valve check to 24000 miles.

Anybody aware of this?

Haven’t heard of anything different from the norm. 

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, 4corsa said:

Thanks - of course it's British, you guys get all the good motorcycle mags. Would be awesome if you're willing to scan the article and post it for those of us across the pond...emoji16.png

Here you go.  .....   subscription page https://www.classicmagazines.co.uk/offer/msl062/source/msl176?utm_source=msl&utm_medium=banner&utm_term=subscribe&utm_campaign=title-sites

• Member Contributer

For some reason our magic public library allows me to access a number of bike mags for free and even lets me print off pages!

ZINIO1.pdf

• Member Contributer
3 hours ago, Grum said:

Reckon it's a typo error, a mix up between K's and miles owners book states every 24,000kms.

That sounds entirely plausible to me. 

4 hours ago, Grum said:

Reckon it's a typo error, a mix up between K's and miles owners book states every 24,000kms.

Well if it's a British mag, I believe they still use miles over there. So it might not be a typo. I know when I checked my valves at around 16k they were pretty much still factory spec and even the cam lobes and valve lifters looked fresh off the shelf--no visible wear at all.

INB4 "Hondas will outlast the heat death of the universe blah blah blah..." But the stereotype certainly seems to be based at least somewhat in fact in this case. So I wouldn't be too surprised if Honda actually did adjust the service intervals. Though, from a monetary perspective, you'd think they would want to keep owners coming in to the shop as much as possible

• Member Contributer

What are valve adjustments???

• Member Contributer
5 hours ago, Rice said:

What are valve adjustments???

Mythical Motorcycle Maintenance advice from Honda motorcycle makers. How does that sound Rice?

Mythical Motorcycle Maintenance advice from Honda motorcycle makers. How does that sound Rice?
Ducati motorcycle makers have even far more mythical maintenance intervals compared to Honda

• Member Contributer
On 7/26/2018 at 4:32 PM, Rectaltronics said:

Those mechanics gotta make a living somehow.

And a Fine Living it must be!

Archived