PRB’s 5th annual Fall Ride! Sept 20-23. Marion, NC

PirateRiderBen

I’m super excited to announce that this bad boy of a ride lives on! I am humbled and extremely grateful to all who have participated in continuing to make this event a success and I look forward to seeing old friends and making new ones again very soon. 

To those who want to join in, the DATES ARE September 20-23. There is no cost to join in on the fun. Also the Golden Beverage is being provided at no cost to the group too. 
So make your plans!
Things are setup for rooms at Comfort Inn in Marion, NC. $105 weekdays $125 weekend are the rates. 
Rooms are available till August 30th at these prices. Please mention you’re with either the VFRD group or my dad, Bob Ealy.  

Ride routes include Little Switzerland 226A, 80, Roan Mtn,181,Lake James, Lake Lure, Parkway, 194, Snake/Shady Valley, and many many more. 

At this time, to simplify costs and work, I am not planning to do any T-shirts for this ride. If everyone wants one, that can change of course. Please let me know ASAP your thoughts. 

PS: To those dual sports in the group Dad is looking into a get together several days August 9-11 Riding the Brown mountain Mortimer Blowing Rock area. You can contact my Dad about this directly at bgealy@att.net. Will ride out of Morganton using dad’s house as a base camp. 

• Member Contributer

I am planning to attend, and that is a much less congested time to ride, before the fall leaf lookers are out in October clogging up the roads. 

• Member Contributer

Hey just a suggestion. Instead of T-shirt’s why not make a decal?  Have someone make up a logo, you may need to order 50-100 minimum but then everyone could get a couple. 

• Member Contributer
17 minutes ago, VARIABLE9 said:

Hey just a suggestion. Instead of T-shirt’s why not make a decal?  Have someone make up a logo, you may need to order 50-100 minimum but then everyone could get a couple. 

Not doing t’s for the fall ride this year. Decals are a good idea, but gonna have to pass on them for the ride as well. Trying to keep it simple this year. Maybe I can look into it for tmac. Unless, of course, Ben wants to do them, but I have a feeling he’s gonna be too busy to worry with it.

If you do stickers, make them one to two inches max. That way there is freedom to place them. Maybe even on a helmet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer

What will I wear if not for VFRD t-shirts?

I'm in Winston.  Can't make the whole weekend, but is it okay join up for a day/afternoon?

Absolutely! Post up what day so folks will be looking for you.

• Member Contributer
On 8/4/2018 at 8:56 AM, 9C1 said:

I'm in Winston.  Can't make the whole weekend, but is it okay join up for a day/afternoon?

I'm not sure of your experience on a bike, but I'm in Winston and do rides all over NC, VA, and TN.  I also know most of the yahoos on this forum 🙂.  I'm off this week if you have time to ride.  I can bring the slowest bike I own if you're newer to riding.

19 hours ago, 007 said:

I'm not sure of your experience on a bike, but I'm in Winston and do rides all over NC, VA, and TN.  I also know most of the yahoos on this forum 🙂.  I'm off this week if you have time to ride.  I can bring the slowest bike I own if you're newer to riding.

The slowest bike you own is whichever one you left at home in the garage. Haha

21 hours ago, 007 said:

I will likely be free just Saturday (9/22).  And I've been riding for 10 years on the road (have put as much as 30k on in a year), with off roading in my younger years.  Probably can't get out this week but maybe in the next couple weeks we could catch up on a week night or Sunday afternoon.

• Member Contributer
10 hours ago, 9C1 said:

I will likely be free just Saturday (9/22).  And I've been riding for 10 years on the road (have put as much as 30k on in a year), with off roading in my younger years.  Probably can't get out this week but maybe in the next couple weeks we could catch up on a week night or Sunday afternoon.

Sounds great!  PM sent. 

• Member Contributer
10 hours ago, CornerCarver said:

Is this shindig by invitation only?

🤦‍♀️

3 hours ago, 007 said:

🤦‍♀️

14 hours ago, CornerCarver said:

Is this shindig by invitation only?

Being a polite Kanadian, I'd like to schedule crashing this event 😁

I've got new(ish) tires and everything!

See all y'all there!

Being a polite Kanadian, I'd like to schedule crashing this event
I've got new(ish) tires and everything!

See all y'all there!

Would that make it the PrePreRide?

Not making the tire mistake again - bringing a second rear, mounted and ready to go in a few minutes if ham fisted exhuberance gets the best of me 😉

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

I am planning on attending. Would anyone like to share a room to reduce costs? Please email or text me at 859-466-2174. Thanks.

Bill Mersch, aka MisterBill.

• Member Contributer

I am in, not sure if I will be riding the Flat6 or the Vee4....depends on the "test ride" this weekend...

kb

What exactly is prb? A bike shop or something? Is this for vfr owners or who ever? I would love to attend but I am not in shape to ride that much. My right hand goes numb after half an hour. But would like to find guys to make short rides with. I am in Fayetteville NC and just bought a 1998 honda vfr 800 earlier this year. But man if I was younger or had less disabilities that would be a beautiful and fun ride. 😭

What exactly is prb? A bike shop or something? Is this for vfr owners or who ever? I would love to attend but I am not in shape to ride that much. My right hand goes numb after half an hour. But would like to find guys to make short rides with. I am in Fayetteville NC and just bought a 1998 honda vfr 800 earlier this year. But man if I was younger or had less disabilities that would be a beautiful and fun ride.

PirateRiderBen is the young pup who makes this event happen. All are welcome. You might have trouble finding someone to ride with at thirty minute intervals. This crew will be full of insight on how to fix that for sure. At least stop in and hang out one evening to see what you can get.

Archived