PRB’s 5th annual Fall Ride! Sept 20-23. Marion, NC

PirateRiderBen

• Member Contributer

I wimped out on TMAC this time but will be there for the PRB escapades.  New tires and all.

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, Vecky5 said:

I'll be there, but I'll be camping nearby due to budget constraints.

We’re staying at the campground across the street from the hotel. May be a couple of us there.

Thanks to the storm, my PreRide is canceled. I’m looking at trailering part way and then ride into Marion late Wednesday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer
On 9/12/2018 at 6:29 PM, zeer0 said:

We’re staying at the campground across the street from the hotel. May be a couple of us there.

Same here (river breeze campgrounds). I'll look for you guys. I'll be on a charcoal and orange Yamaha FZ09.

• Member Contributer

Hi Guys,

I was planning on coming, had hotel reservations made, but mother nature is pretty upset at the moment. The weather radar map is showing at least rain all over North Carolina for next week. I am going to cancel plans for this Fall ride. See you at the Spring Memorial ride in 2019.

Thanks, Ben for pulling this together.

Bill Mersch aka MisterBill

• Member Contributer

wish I could come down, just got back from deals gap this morning, don't think I could do the 700 miles back to the meet next weekend, 3000 miles in 8 days is a lot for my out of shape ass.

• Member Contributer
On 9/14/2018 at 1:20 PM, MisterBill said:

Hi Guys,

I was planning on coming, had hotel reservations made, but mother nature is pretty upset at the moment. The weather radar map is showing at least rain all over North Carolina for next week. I am going to cancel plans for this Fall ride. See you at the Spring Memorial ride in 2019.

Sorry to to hear that, Bill. You might wanna reconsider. The weather for the weekend looks pretty good! Don’t listen to the news, they haven’t a clue.

• Member Contributer
On 9/14/2018 at 8:55 AM, Vecky5 said:

Same here (river breeze campgrounds). I'll look for you guys. I'll be on a charcoal and orange Yamaha FZ09.

We’re hard to miss. 

C1ACA76E-6886-4716-88B1-A4E38AF54198.jpeg

• Member Contributer
On 9/14/2018 at 1:20 PM, MisterBill said:

Hi Guys,

On 9/15/2018 at 8:12 PM, zeer0 said:

Sorry to to hear that, Bill. You might wanna reconsider. The weather for the weekend looks pretty good! Don’t listen to the news, they haven’t a clue.

Seriously, the week after a hurricane is usually phenomenal once the roads are cleared of debris.  I'm bringing rain gear just in case.

• Member Contributer

Some guys get out early, but most leave no earlier than 9. If you wanna be on the safe side, 8 would be good, but I think you’d be fine at 9 too. There’s always some procrastinating going on.

I’m trailering Robs bike in all the way from Little Switzerland. He will be riding mine. I’m warmed up...maybe a little too much.

So I pulled into Little Switzerland late Monday afternoon only to hear from Rob that Clifford (his big red truck) had decided to retire in West Virginia. I enjoyed the customary sunset by myself.

IMG_5685.thumb.jpeg.6d4e28a44b55100692effb342ebd42e2.jpeg

On Tuesday, I rode with Bob. We put in a 220 mile day and ended it with a stop here.

IMG_5681.thumb.jpeg.b396a45ebdfee70f100873e4bd063aee.jpeg

Rob rolled in about 9:15 after an adventurous day.

IMG_5687.thumb.jpeg.12049cfe7b0944854a85d00ca533e14c.jpeg

We rolled out on Wednesday morning heading to Shady Valley to meet Steve but had to stop and clean off some of the previous nights adventure.

IMG_5696.thumb.jpeg.bcbeac2c6a4ebdd4c5f3b94cc5b8a332.jpeg

We had a couple of mostly clean runs up and back on The Snake.

RPSEani.gif.57150afeecccecbd2f5946a875005296.gif

SEani.gif.5f79f7a01e63c4906c2d675d75c94c51.gif

I slacked up on pics so here is a random shot of the night life.

IMG_5822.thumb.JPG.cc454688b5cb2befb301266d73b372c9.JPG

I made some small Dragon Ballz for KanadianKen.

IMG_5818.thumb.JPG.39c312c5d0505bb1e0a8177b15747018.JPG

Everyone should feel bad for Kimball because he showed up with cobwebs on his bike.

IMG_5820.thumb.JPG.3da6591c9478844aa595ebd058d5392b.JPG

Rob is a sport touring genius. What a pleasure to travel with!

IMG_5824.thumb.JPG.91057a20f067d22bed925fdc0785628c.JPG 

Rob and I take this pic every year and talk about fixing the sign. This time he fixed it.

Tag.thumb.jpeg.d189375815ace04ff12c4590dbef35c5.jpeg

If you're not on VFRD FB, you missed a lot of pics and laughs. Misty has put up an awesome video of the weekend and I'm sure it will end up here soon.

Thanks to all who attended and to Bob and Ben for organizing. The fact that there were only six VFR's at the event is a testament to how great the company is.

57 minutes ago, VFRpwr said:

As usual, Sweeper is a great guy to ride with but his camera is everywhere! LOL! 😜

I'm not sneaky like Jason and Misty. You know when my phone is in front of my face.

• Member Contributer

I just wore some cameras. She did all the work.....I mean, thanks, it was tough(*cough*watching her edit), but I persevered.

I just wore some cameras. She did all the work.....I mean, thanks, it was tough(*cough*watching her edit), but I persevered.

Did she holler for you to make her a sammich and fetch a beer?

Archived