Broken final drive fill plug! Yikes!

VfrJedi7

• Member Contributer

Today changed out my  oil/filter, DCT clutch filter  along with the final drive shaft oil change. I didn't realize the shaft fill plug was aluminum and I cracked the head right off! Left was the threaded part in the fill hole. Inside my mind  I let out this noooooooo like when luke found out Darth Vader was his pops!  Lol. Thank the gracious almighty  Lord I was able to manually with my finger untwist the broken threaded piece. Ordered a new cap from my local dealer and it will arrive on Tuesday. Boy did I learn my lesson today about that fill plug. Other than that all else went well with engine oil/filter change and dct clutch oil filter. I even managed time to install a smoked double bubble windscreen also. I have not posted any pictures yet because I'm waiting to receive and install a rear tire hugger I just ordered. Also have some r&g fork sliders to install as well soon. Then I'm going to wash her up and post some pics with all the goods I installed. Anyways I'm glad I didn't have a major problem today. Ride safe fellow Vfr riders.  Peace 😎

• 3 weeks later...

I just installed a PUIG smoked screen too. Actually no impressed with it out of the bag. Mounting points at the base are not molded into the plastic like the OEM.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer
On 8/4/2018 at 3:36 PM, DAY004 said:

Nice. My windscreen is from eBay and I got it for around $22. Not cheap quality at all. My rear tire hugger was put on about 2 weeks ago and funny it's a puig. Have to say I love my bike! Riding brings so much pleasure and enjoyment. Real freedom when ever you want. Just hop on and twist the throttle. 

• Member Contributer
On 8/20/2018 at 2:46 AM, VFRJEDI7 said:

Riding brings so much pleasure and enjoyment. Real freedom when ever you want. Just hop on and twist the throttle. 

+1

I can do my 500 mile/week commute in our car.

I choose my motorcycle until the snows arrive :-)

• Member Contributer
On 8/21/2018 at 12:22 PM, andy said:

No anticipated snow here,  but I’ll ride till  Hurricane Lane arrives on Friday.

:ohmy: Good luck.

• Member Contributer

I hear ya Dutchy. Ride till frosty comes knocking. MaxSwell know all about hurricanes here in Florida. Ishark are you talking about a billet cap for the engine oil because I bought one from eBay or are you talking about the final drive oil filler cap? Here is a photo of the oil filler cap I purchased. They come in different colors also. 

Screenshot_20180830-014220.jpg

Archived