4th Gen header removal (update)

auggius

• Member Contributer

Since my original topic has been archived and closed, I started a new one to update my progress.

Almost a year later, I finally got my bike put back together and running, and it sounds like a proper VFR again!

I never did get the exhaust fully off the bike. Instead I removed and replaced the gaskets and then put it back together. Easily said, but that took about 5 hours to do last Sunday, and then another couple hours on Monday to put everything else back together.

So the culprit to my loud exhaust seems to be a missing gasket at one of the rear header to collector box ports. I didn't take a picture of it, but one port was kind of rusty coloured while the other one looked normal, ie. like all the others. Is it possible the gasket wore out and disintegrated? I did note in a previous post that the bolts at that connector were a bit loose.

Anyway, I'm excited to be riding again after almost a year. I took it out for a ride without earplugs and it was sweet. I went out for a longer ride this morning with a buddy. Beautiful sunny day and no traffic on one of the best roads around! Check out my avatar for the starting point. 😀

Archived