Kanadian Ken's Solo Rack

dgordon

• Member Contributer

Just have to share a very kind thanks to Ken for his outstanding solo rack.  Ordered it a few years back and finally got around to getting a hard case to go with it.  To me, this is absolutely the best setup.  NO side bags.  The bike for me is a solo unit, and when I last toured for two weeks used soft luggage.  Never again. Always had to triple check the connections and when you parked it had less confidence on the security side.  The big one for me was that even with precaution my tail plastic got damaged.  The solo rack positions the top case close , but not too close to the rider.  I went with a cheapy 40l top case, which will have more space than I need. Combined with the tank bag, the setup is just the bomb for pretty much every solo tourer.  Extremely well made, extremely solid.  If the rack comes off you have way bigger issues on your hands.  Ken, my sincere thanks to you for a tremendous product.  If you ever had doubts and one of these come up, buy it.  Straight up. 

• Member Contributer

Urban, I'll do so on the weekend.  It's a great setup and really economical too depending on which hard case you go with. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Way slow with this and apologize.  Here is my low cost top box with Ken's solo rack.  The rack is basically bomb-proof and precisely what I was looking for.  You have ZERO idea you have a top case with this setup = no weave, or wobble or anything.  Tight kit.

IMG_1239.JPG

Archived