Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
RC79NC001

Bridgestone T30 Report

Recommended Posts

Hi,

 

I just returned from a 3 week 7000 mi jaunt from my home in North Carolina to California and back.

 

New Bridgestone T30s were installed before the ride and they were scrubbed in to the tune of 350 mi before I set off.

 

Let's say most of the riding ( 70% )  was in a straight line but, the ride included PCH,  Utah 24 and 12, and getting totally lost in the canyons east of San Jose for about 80 mi.

 

Attached are pics of the tire after the ride ( yeah, embarrassed at the chicken strips ) and a new rear T30 next to it. Yes, it's squared off but, still rideable...figure I can get 2000 more

 

miles out of it. The T30s worked great !

  

IMG_a2611.jpg

IMGa_2623.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They are great for all kinds or riding until it gets wet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never had a problem with them in the wet. I've been using T30s exclusively on the VFR since I bought it last year. 20k .

Bang for the buck beats the pants off Michelin, which granted

 

makes a great tire.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing wrong with T30s in the wet they are great tyres. 

Here are my T30 after 3880 miles.  Very abrasive Highland roads. 

 

 

6FDFB1A5-6F30-4CBE-9026-7906B8A76519.jpeg

75BAD01C-F115-4C1D-94DD-E57DE22A213C.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had them put on a couple of years ago and they have been my favs ever since. But while riding two up I almost lost it a couple of times during some spirited wet riding. 

I cant say whether other tires would have done much better in those situations. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

T31s are out. I'm going to pair it with the new T30 I have stashed in the garage. My tires look pretty unused...need to increase the amount of burn-outs and elbow

 

dragging...or not !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have t31 fitted at moment love them 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Rice said:

I had them put on a couple of years ago and they have been my favs ever since. But while riding two up I almost lost it a couple of times during some spirited wet riding. 

I cant say whether other tires would have done much better in those situations. 

 

It depends on where you do your riding. In busy areas there will be a build up of crap on the road and will become very greasy when road is wet.  My mate from down south says he wouldn’t be able to ride the way he does when he comes up here as the first bent he would be on his ear down there in the wet yet up here he can nearly scrape pegs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, fink said:

 

It depends on where you do your riding. In busy areas there will be a build up of crap on the road and will become very greasy when road is wet.  My mate from down south says he wouldn’t be able to ride the way he does when he comes up here as the first bent he would be on his ear down there in the wet yet up here he can nearly scrape pegs. 

Happened in North Carolina. 

My mate following me on Michelin’s felt nothing. I felt like I was on metal grates. 

There were some tar snakes on the road, but the slippage seemed uncalled for tarsnakes notwithstanding. 

 

Would i I buy them again?  Probably. Because of how amazingly well they perform in the dry and the price. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tarsnakes are the bane of my existence ! Resistance to slipping on tarsnakes should be a criteria that every tire manufacturer strives to improve on. I think new T30s after being

scrubbed in behave "above average" in this regard but, as they wear so goes that ability. I took my VFR out Sunday ( post 7k epic california out and back ) and scratched around some familiar country roads. One turn which is at the bottom of a steep drop and can be taken at a brisk pace has a few tarsnakes at the exit and the little "wiggle" that resulted from the front tire sliding a bit was "stimulating" to say the least. I don't think a new T30 would have felt that way. Anyway, the replacement front is going to be a T31.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Over banding is what they are called here and have the friction coefficient of a banana skin. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have T30 Evos on my 5th gen and really like them. No issues with grip, haven't had any slip, but I haven't ridden them much in the wet admittedly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, fink said:

Over banding is what they are called here and have the friction coefficient of a banana skin. 

 

Thats due to nobody knowing how to lay Tarmac properly, always the cheapest bid .. a decent contractor mixed coarse crushed hard rock in when overbanding

 

A biker friend of mine invented a coating to go on metalwork in the highway, using epoxy binder, £8 per manhole ....it won awards etc in 2003, never seen it used despite many promises by utility companies ....

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Thumbs said:

 

Thats due to nobody knowing how to lay Tarmac properly, always the cheapest bid .. a decent contractor mixed coarse crushed hard rock in when overbanding

 

A biker friend of mine invented a coating to go on metalwork in the highway, using epoxy binder, £8 per manhole ....it won awards etc in 2003, never seen it used despite many promises by utility companies ....

 

 

Yes used to be well up on road laying a few decades ago, overbanding has to be a max width.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy.