Nameless July ride

So today we did this thing.  With 9 VFRD members, 6 children of VFRD members, chickens and 2 grandchildren of VFRD members. There were bikes too.  I will let the other donkeys fill inn the blanks, but Corner Carver is building a Vee Four empire down here and that is groovy, since I moved to the same town as he did.  Riding, eating (thanks Kebrider), horseplay, ice cream, pool antics and even a bike sale. 

I have sorta neglected the 'ol death trap and I havent ridden aggressive mountain roads in almost 3 years, so it was great to get out there on my new 6th gen.  I had actually forgotten how much fun these sort of things are, and since my house is literally 20 minutes from deals gap, I should be way more active going forward.  I also missed the fellowship that the VFRD community has.  It is becoming one big screwed up family here.  Join before we close the books.

It was a day of firsts: My first ride on a 6th gen, my first time riding on top of a dam, the first time I rode a supercharged VFR, and the first time I almost hit a bear. (who was 9 feet tall if he was an inch)

We've got it really good down here in east Tennessee, so get here when you can.

Two bikes enter (the country), one bike leaves.

37236239_10217234781281319_3510698506744496128_n.jpg

• Member Contributer

Glad to read you got off yer ass and rode yer 6th gen!

Planning on doing bicycle rides as well?? Do they have saucijzenbroodjes in TN/NC?? :tongue: 

IMG_5588.thumb.JPG.d39a7ee8cffc99ec6757176ecb6cbb4a.JPG

Ken goes down for a nap.

IMG_5591.thumb.JPG.d6608ecdf248857196bba2721a337cba.JPG

Aubrie and Matt decided to take one as well.

IMG_5587.thumb.JPG.14df0064f9bc24391cd534bf8e1fa2d2.JPG

I'm not sure what service he was offering.

It was a great day. Thanks to all who attended. Can't think of a better way to end a week long trip than with one more ride.

• Like 1

• Member Contributer

Looked like fun times. 

A bunch of delinquents frim from the May ride I see.  

Good game. 

Almost forgot to mention:

Mrs. Carver took Mrs. thecop and the thecop family chimpanzees to the Tapoco lodge to meet us for lunch, halfway through our ride.  Bonus!

2101322.jpg

2101321.jpg

• Like 2

I mentioned children of VFRD members.  Mathew aka "BRAAP", was tearing it up behind his pops.  Too bad I stole the boy's VFR right from under his nose.

2101319.jpg

• Like 1