Anyone installed the delkevic headers?

Rollos

• Member Contributer

The merge collector looks nearly identical to that in the 5th gen and 6th gen kits.  It is not really a performance oriented design, if that is your goal.  You might save a little weight by dropping the catalyst, but I don't think I would bother unless your OEM headers are damaged in some way.

• Member Contributer

IIRC "Candyred" pointed out several weeks ago that the overlap on rear downpipes is the wrong way around.. 🖓

• Member Contributer
11 hours ago, Rollos said:

Thanks for the info. Guess they just threw it together. Hopefully someone will come up with an option that's actually thought out. 

Watch this space 

https://www.vfrdiscussion.com/index.php?/forums/topic/85354-5th-6th-vfr-800-header-build/&page=12

I did install them. My original headers got heavily corroded, previous owner rode bike in winter time and salts unfortunately eat them and other parts.

So i had to replace all exhaust system, restored radiators and replaced rear thermal guards. For thing to be done right way, I installed Power Commander and autotune. Unfortunately O2 sensor on autotune was faulty (bought it second hand), so i wait for replacement to arrive next week. After that ill take a ride to nearest Dynojet center and will polish things up. After that ill gladly share any power gains (or loss) and impressions if you like. Now bike sounds like nothing before, beefy base not to loud, but all who listened do appreciate. I forgot to mention that bike is equipped with Akropovic can from factory. Did quite big work with bike, made full suspension service at company who has suspension testing stand. After that bike feels amazing and i can compare, did arround 6k km last season around Europe. Fitted with Micheling pilot power tires that also adds to the great feeling.

• 2 weeks later...

Update

Before visiting dyno tune I also added Pipercross filter. After dyno tune bike changed, got new character to it. Difficult to translate the feeling but it got more sporty. Changing fueling also made engine smooth and punchy at same time. Unfortunately we could not measure how much all the changes affected power and torque due to the fact that dyno was calibrated for cars at the moment in few weeks I'll visit workshop that has it set up for bikes. To be continued.

Archived