Rear Wheel Axle stuck !

pzpz

Hi

I Removed the caliper on the right side, stripped everything on the  Left side.
Tried Biting it with a 600g hammer.... but it does not move !

( I guess it is seized by a bit of rust , or I"m missing something else that i have to remove )

HELP !!!

Any Idea's ?

IMG_20180707_142343.thumb.jpg.a51815a7a638b13396a1f2ceb2d5fb11.jpg

• Member Contributer

Any circlips removed?  I recall there being at least one. 

Also it looks like the clamp bolt is in, I assume you loosened it before, but make sure it’s not tightened down. Not sure if that will help. 

When I had to remove mine , I remember putting a block of wood on the end of the axle and having to whack it pretty good with a heavy mallet. 

Why are you removing it? For mine if I recall correctly the inner bearings had rusted and siezed and everything was jammed up in there. 

Good luck.  

• Member Contributer

Try this video from elsewhere on the site, 6 minutes onwards.

<iframe width="1093" height="652" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/1p8bUhtGPh8" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2 hours ago, Rice said:

Any circlips removed?  I recall there being at least one. 

Tnx,

NO Circlips stated in the service manual just for the axle.

( There is a snap ring if u need to take out the bearing holder out of the swingarm, which i don't)

2 hours ago, otmaximus said:

Also it looks like the clamp bolt is in, I assume you loosened it before, but make sure it’s not tightened down. Not sure if that will help. 

Tnx    ( I need to replace the break Disc , its under the 5mm spec )

No need to to take out the clamp bolt just for the axle (i decided its better to tighten it before smacking it out of the bearing holder which is held by this bolt)

https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/honda/motorcycle/2009/vfr800-a-interceptor/rear-wheel  Circlip 28/29 are not in the way of the Axle )

Archived