Cell/GPS mount. Get this while you can.

YYZ

https://www.amazon.com/gp/r.html?C=2KVQPKQSS2V7N&M=urn:rtn:msg:20180705213344f47b88f7d4b940fc80f8b3fc6450p0na&R=2BT65X8V0FCIB&T=C&U=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.com%2FMengo-Universal-Magnetic-Holder-Samsung%2Fdp%2FB01M4HEXOH%2Fref%3Dcm_sw_em_r_dp_dz_U_85OpBbJM2V4FM_tt&H=N5DXCR3SXLKNFFF41QD0YUW9VNUA

$6.99 on Amazon. Very well made. Not plastic! Made of aluminum. Horrible reviews for bicycle use. I just did a 750 mile trip with this and it is was flawless. Sits at a perfect angle when mounted. The magnets are strong and indexed so it always stays straight. I used the rubber strap from my ram mount just to be safe but it really wasn't needed. You just need a star fangled nut that bicycles use. I had to grind a star nut down to 19.5mm to get it to fit and its super tight. The hinge has just the right amount of friction built into it. I added a USB jack with a 18" chord that has a 90 degree plug. It does not block the tachometer at all. I won't be using my ram mount anymore. 

2.jpg

3.jpg

4_edited-1.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

• Member Contributer

Good find and a great price too. Thanks for sharing.

What is a "star fangled nut"?
The pics don't show what you've screwed that Allen head bolt into (presumably the star fangled nut). I recall on my 6th gen the steering head nut was not closed over and the orifice left in the middle of the steering column pipe was adorned with a plastic cover. This didn't provide much holding or staying power. Sorry, I'm not seeing it in my mind's eye...

6 hours ago, Auspanglish said:

What is a "star fangled nut"?
The pics don't show what you've screwed that Allen head bolt into (presumably the star fangled nut). I recall on my 6th gen the steering head nut was not closed over and the orifice left in the middle of the steering column pipe was adorned with a plastic cover. This didn't provide much holding or staying power. Sorry, I'm not seeing it in my mind's eye...

I bought one of these at a bicycle shop. I had to grind it down to fit snug inside the steerer tube. I had to tap it in with a socket. Its not coming out thats for sure. 

Screen Shot 2018-07-06 at 5.30.19 PM.png

Archived