Jump to content
deltaboxii

Steve Rapp's 8th Gen Tribute to '85 VF1000R

Recommended Posts

I love it, great color scheme, thanks for sharing! 🏆

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh wow - more pics / link please?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely motorcycle porn. Very sexy beast.:wub: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Old skool porn with cropped images....

 

 

 

This is not the 80's......    We need better quality pictures!!! :tongue:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dutchy said:

Old skool porn with cropped images....

 

 

 

This is not the 80's......    We need better quality pictures!!! :tongue:

Agreed!  I pulled those off of Instagram and zoomed in.  The quality sucks sorry guys!  Hope I can find more...well maybe I don't...  I don't need another replica build!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nearly as nice as this one for sale in the UK.

 

 

s-l1600 (4).jpg

s-l1600 (3).jpg

s-l1600 (2).jpg

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600 (5).jpg

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Both nice!

 I'm still not sure  if I prefer the '14-'16 with the black fork or the '17  with the black chassis which I've only seen in pictures... what do you all think?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AndyJak said:

Nearly as nice as this one for sale in the UK.

 

 

s-l1600 (4).jpg

s-l1600 (3).jpg

s-l1600 (2).jpg

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600 (5).jpg

Custom paint on OEM bodywork, or DCB (dubious Chinese bodywork)?  Looks good from here though.  Anything in Rothmans livery is gorgeous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Rapp one has potential, but the photographs almost look Photoshopped. Maybe it's my crappy phone. 

The Rothmans is nice. But I'll take the TT LEGENDS livery any day. See some other thread here where these some good pictures. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, deltaboxii said:

Custom paint on OEM bodywork, or DCB (dubious Chinese bodywork)?  Looks good from here though.  Anything in Rothmans livery is gorgeous.

The Chinese don't do a fairing set complete with tank for the new VFR😏. This one is a specially commissioned one with paintwork done by Dream Machine in the UK. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/7/2018 at 1:22 PM, andrearonin said:

Both nice!

 I'm still not sure  if I prefer the '14-'16 with the black fork or the '17  with the black chassis which I've only seen in pictures... what do you all think?

I am biased. 😉 The black frame makes it so much better in my opinion. Here is mine:

 

P1010015.JPG

 

P1010019.JPG

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Red,white and blue best looking vfr l have seen. Another request for more pics and info. Is the red the original colour?

just got to find a decent paint shop in England now. Red, white and blue 🇬🇧 Perfect colour for a UK bike. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Aeolo said:

Red,white and blue best looking vfr l have seen. Another request for more pics and info. Is the red the original colour?

just got to find a decent paint shop in England now. Red, white and blue 🇬🇧 Perfect colour for a UK bike. 

Dream machine or racepaints. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, AndyJak said:

I am biased. 😉 The black frame makes it so much better in my opinion. Here is mine:

 

P1010015.JPG

 

P1010019.JPG

 

Weird how they went to a silver fork with the black frame.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/8/2018 at 5:55 PM, Aeolo said:

Red,white and blue best looking vfr l have seen. Another request for more pics and info. Is the red the original colour?

just got to find a decent paint shop in England now. Red, white and blue 🇬🇧 Perfect colour for a UK bike. 

You could get your bike wrapped for about 400 quid. You can't tell the difference from paint. One of my biking buddies has just had his done and it is superb. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who wrapped his bike ?

Any pics.

Seen some cars wrapped and look dodgy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Aeolo said:

Who wrapped his bike ?

Any pics.

Seen some cars wrapped and look dodgy. 

Boss Dog Wraps and I see nothing dodgy in any of the professional wraps I have seen up close. We are not talking about some cheap ebay carbon sticky paper stuck on a bonnet.

 

2-1-2000x1333.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the reply. 

I can see a winter project starting to emerge!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/7/2018 at 3:07 PM, VARIABLE9 said:

The Rapp one has potential, but the photographs almost look Photoshopped. Maybe it's my crappy phone. 

The Rothmans is nice. But I'll take the TT LEGENDS livery any day. See some other thread here where these some good pictures. 

RC30 version...

VFR800FE RC30_1.JPG

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy.