With my PR4s starting to flatten due to more straights than curves:

Hi guys, I have about 9000kms on my PR4s and they have performed great. I ride as aggressive as I can on my VFR and probably ride more straight than twistys due to where I live in Toronto.

So since i'm getting some flattening of the rear tire I get spooked when leaned over due to the transition from the flatter part of tire to the extreme sidewall. You guys get the same feeling.

Bike kind of dips down once over the flatter area of the tire and it spook me out at times, more so at slower speeds when leaned than high speed sweeping corners at 120kmh and over.

Anybody want to chime in.

Thxs and Ride Safe!

• Member Contributer

With squared off tires, that is what one should expect. Even if I have plenty of tread left on the side, usually it isn't too bad, as I try and get in a some twisty miles if/when I can, I will change out the tire for fresh rubber. Although this means I did not get a full life from the tire, I feel better about having new and more rounded rubber.

Trade tires with one of the guys from the mountains.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer

Did mostly commuting on my old VFR. Took it to some real twisties with the tires for the first time. Front was sorta cupped and rear had a flat spot. Definitely could feel the bike get all upset rolling over that part of the tire. In the garbage they went and fresh stuff on. Not worth having that on your mind while you are riding.

Archived