Tapping into the electronics

yambanshee

Question

Hi there,

First post on here, so be kind please!

Bit of background; I picked up a 2000 vfr800fi beginning this year, but the previous owner said he struggled a little getting all the electronics fixed on the bike but assured me that replacing the lights with (very cheap) LEDs, it now ran perfectly. After some troubleshooting we found the ground pin on the ECU was putting out 9V, and had been fiddled with. Long story short, a new ecu and largely redone electrical system later, the bike seems decent now. The one issue still remaining is the LCD display is troublesome in that only some of the lights on the 8 segment display would show.

Long story short, I would like to tap in to the speedo, fuel gauge and possibly temperature gauges using an arduino and LCD display to get a bit more functionality out of the electronics. Has anyone tried this? If so, are there any particular parts that are difficult, or any tips that you could give? How difficult would it be to instal a flowrate measurement on the fuel line to get instantaneous fuel usage?

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Archived