2014 VFR Rapid Bike Racing questions....

Voided76

Am I the only one around who's picked up the RapidBike Racing module for his 8th gen?  

If not:  

How is the stock fuel/timing map,  and has anyone wired their honda specific quick shifter assembly into the RBR?

I ask this because Honda's own implementation can leave a bit to be desired for smooth upshifts during mundane operations.  

I first experienced quick shift tech on my friend's Triumph Daytona 675R.  Let me be the first to say the upshifts were buttery smooth from mechanism to smooth and completely uneventful cut and restoration of engine power reguardless of throttle input resulting in absolutely zero lurch or bucking if used casually around town.

Anyone with a new VFR and the quick shifter can attest to while it's really pretty well done,  and that if you're flogging it it's the business,  the jerkiness of non-WOT quick shifts can be a bother around town,  and two up as well.  I can't complain about a sub 200 dollar QS installation on a bike that is plug and play,  but it could definately be smoother around town.  

So has anyone by chance played with the RBR's quick shift utilities with the stock honda assembly,  or am I likely to be breaking ground?

• 10 months later...
  • Member Contributer

Voided, All, +1 from me. Any takers on reviving this old query? My initial thought is it would require new rearsets to work with the RB linkage. Assuming upshift only anyway if the mod is possible.

• Member Contributer

The RBR uses a 3 wire QS. I built one myself, which worked great at low load, so crusing, but failed under high load as you could not move the lever. No linkage on 5/6th gens. IIRC the system monitors line voltage on 2 wires & the 3rd is for cut signal. So load cell or sensor causes a trip voltage on the sense wire.  The parameters are adjustable for gear & rpm range in the RBR software, so if you can integrate the Honda gear lever sensor into the RBR, then great.