Price check, aisle 4, 165k miles please!

So, I've been looking for a fixer upper gen four for awhile now.  Inevitably, one shows up. And today was my day.

00w0w_bM008PsFCx1_1200x900.jpg

So, this old girl had an RR fire. No biggie, I literally have all the parts to fix her.  The seller wants 1000 for it, and I fell that's certainly too high. I haven't been in touch with them yet. I'm thinking 300 for the whole bike as is. Its evident it's been sitting, will need a harness, rr, right rear fairing, tires, and the usual bs to bring her back to life.  I have a 4th gen engine, harness, ecu, rr, and everything else, including a line on good tires. A few days and she'd be up and Adam.  I am thinking if I land it, I would swap the engine because I also have the gauge cluster that goes with that engine. Who says hoarding parts doesn't come in handy.  IF I get it, I'd need a seat and under fender, a seat to start foremost. If anyone has one, lmk. I'm pumped to talk to this seller.  So, the question is, 

What would YOU pay?

• Member Contributer

I admit I'm not the guy who goes after wreckers, but that said by the time you got it palatable, you got 1700 or 1900 in it and thats the price of a goer thats reasonable up front. 

GL - wish the best.. :beer:

nah, got all the parts laying around, literally. It'll cost me 150 for tires, 70 for battery, 10 for carb clean, and then just the labor of love!  No way I'm paying close to 1k. I'm going to offer 250 an and have it on the road in a week :)

• Member Contributer

I think you are on to something. He'd have a hard time giving that away. +1 on the GL.

• Member Contributer

Yeah, 200-250 would be doing the owner a favor (and is not too much out of pocket for yourself)

And oh!   If you like fixer-uppers, maybe redslut is for you...  :goofy:

redslut.JPG.9492a039ff7f313ffe365358fa7300d9.JPG

• Member Contributer

With 165k and a fire, it's worth more in parts (though perhaps not in scrap metal, as I believe Dutchy found out with Redslut!)

Ciao,

Archived