DMr fork cartridge kit

vfrtas

Fitted my DMr fork cartridge kit on Saturday. Went for short 20 km ride first noticed improved slow steering response .more composed thtough bumpy stuff and more stable on cornering happy with that i think that was the last piece of the puzzle 😆

• Member Contributer

Best return on investment for a VFR.  The more you ride it the more you'll come to appreciate how it transforms the bike. 

• Member Contributer

I’m with Cogswell, suspension update is one of the best ROIs you can get with your bike. It was actually one of the first mods I planned for my 01 when I got it. After I did the mod to my 6 Gen, I thought I should have started there first, so that’s what I ended up doing when I got the 01.

• Member Contributer

Yep, people spend tons of money on things like levers and slip ons and PC’s and ‘farkles’ (I hate that word) and they never even try to set the sag properly. Springs and oil are not expensive, and easy enough to install!  Congrats on your upgrade. 

• Member Contributer

DMr's work is transformative.  Easily the best money I've spend on these great machines. Telepathic is the word that comes to mind.

I got one of his rear shocks, requested set up for two-up riding with aggressive style and focus on cornering stability. I sent him a hate email because it made such a positive change, that all I can think about now, is how much better a cartridge kit would make it. 

Glad you posted

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Looking to replace my old front internals too.  Have his order form and am confused-what is an "emulator set"?

• Member Contributer

I think I answered at VFRW.

An emultor is for older bikes without cartridges.

98 bikes use cartridges.

• Member Contributer
20 hours ago, VFROZ said:

I think I answered at VFRW.

An emultor is for older bikes without cartridges.

98 bikes use cartridges.

Thank you. I did not know that. I just acquired a 1998 restoration project. Good to know. 

• 1 month later...

Just sent Jamie a set of forks for cartridge kit install; can’t wait to fit them to my ‘00 VFR (yellow IS the fastest color, IMO), which is currently my DD.  I have a set of F4i forks that I’ll eventually swap in when I do a brake de-link; that will take bike downtime that I just don’t have right now. Also looking forward to his new rear shock for the 5th-Gen...

• Member Contributer
7 hours ago, MsRN98 said:

Just sent Jamie a set of forks for cartridge kit install; can’t wait to fit them to my ‘00 VFR (yellow IS the fastest color, IMO), which is currently my DD.  I have a set of F4i forks that I’ll eventually swap in when I do a brake de-link; that will take bike downtime that I just don’t have right now. Also looking forward to his new rear shock for the 5th-Gen...

You will be able to re-use some of the DMr parts when you do the F4i fork swap, specifically the valve bodies and shim stacks, these can be swapped straight into the F4i forks. You will need to get some of the correct weight springs for the 43mm forks to match what Jamie uses in your 5G forks. You can use the 5G fender on F4i forks as the bottom front mount is perfect, but the F4i fork uses a top rear mount as well, which you can mate to is you rivet small brackets onto the 5G fender. Or buy an F4i fender (which I did).

IMG_3330.JPG

You will be able to re-use some of the DMr parts when you do the F4i fork swap, specifically the valve bodies and shim stacks, these can be swapped straight into the F4i forks. You will need to get some of the correct weight springs for the 43mm forks to match what Jamie uses in your 5G forks. You can use the 5G fender on F4i forks as the bottom front mount is perfect, but the F4i fork uses a top rear mount as well, which you can mate to is you rivet small brackets onto the 5G fender. Or buy an F4i fender (which I did).

IMG_3330.thumb.JPG.84b619510bf54901dc737f2a171d9a24.JPG

Already have an F4i fender—seemed the simplest solution! But thanks for the advice on the internals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived