speedo swap rc 30 replica

Pachinko

Hello from Australia 

I've been working away on my rc30 replica for a little while now, and am now starting get to the technical end

I'm look to swap the speedo and gauge set to give it the right look and was hoping to get some information form someone who has done the fire blade clock swap

most of the questions are about marrying up the wiring and what is involved 

thanks in advance (and I've popped a few pics up this time)

Untitled.png

Untitled_2.png

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Looks really good.

I'm looking at doing the same and I'm just in the process of trying to work out what i can afford.  No shortage of parts if you live in UK/Europe but not so much in Australia (I'm in Brisbane) and what s down under seems to be significantly more expensive.  As I see it (not counting the bike) the big tickets are the fairings and the exhaust.  Could you give me an idea where you sourced them from and for about how much?

Cheers

Sam

PM also sent

• Member Contributer

That rear hub has to go!  NC30 sprocket carriers are interchangeable with the RC30 (which had a black version, rather than the gold one on the NC35), but of course, you'll need an axle, and a centre-nut wheel....

I'm not building a replica of anything, but I enjoy showing people how little discernible progress I make on my own bike projects.  Here's a pic from 2016:

20161109_103130x.thumb.jpg.a76e285bad7ff590af7c8b8de7324878.jpg

(It still looks like that.)

The swing arm on my bike is from an RC30, which are not easy to find, unfortunately.  An NC30 swing arm might fit, but it's probably quite a bit shorter than the OEM arm (I don't have the measurements to hand).  However, it would solve a lot of problems.  Good luck.

Ciao,

• Like 1

On 7/5/2018 at 9:05 PM, SamP said:

Looks really good.

I'm looking at doing the same and I'm just in the process of trying to work out what i can afford.  No shortage of parts if you live in UK/Europe but not so much in Australia (I'm in Brisbane) and what s down under seems to be significantly more expensive.  As I see it (not counting the bike) the big tickets are the fairings and the exhaust.  Could you give me an idea where you sourced them from and for about how much?

Cheers

Sam

PM also sent

hi Sam 

thanks for the question, yes indeed the two big ticket items 

Fran out at Raceglass http://www.raceglass.com.au makes some really nice replica fairings and really know her stuff, all up including screen and duz clips was around $1100

Ken out at Megacycle http://www.megacycle.com.au built the exhaust from scratch, killer job and he even raced the Isle of Man 

all up $1200

cheers Glenn  

Glenn,

Many thanks for the response - these are the sorts of dollars I was expecting so all good.  The fact that they're in Aus - even better.

Did the exhaust $ include the full system and end can?

Cheers

Sam

• 1 year later...