my yellow VFR

9C1

If I did this right, here's a pic of me on my bike last week.  It was 95 degrees but still had a blast.  Just thought I'd share a VFR in the fastest color.

bob on vfr.JPG

• Member Contributer

I don't know about that fastest color thing, but, having had a couple of the yellow ones, they do make you younger and more hansom.  YMMV

• 1 month later...
  • Member Contributer
5 hours ago, KevCarver said:

White wheels on yellow, don't see that often!

Are those SebSpeed's rearset adapters?

They are!  They went on easy enough.  Some work was needed to make the rear sets work with linked brakes.  That reminds me, I need to get in touch with him to let him know what I did.

• Member Contributer
3 hours ago, VFR Newbie said:

They are!  They went on easy enough.  Some work was needed to make the rear sets work with linked brakes.  That reminds me, I need to get in touch with him to let him know what I did.

You should post what you did in the rear set adapter thread. I ended up using a piece of stainless steel block, drilled it through the center and then tapped the ends with a 10mm tap. Then put this in place where the original MC sat and tied a short line from there to the new MC position. Pic is posted in the thread. I’m interested in seeing what you did.

• Member Contributer
On 7/30/2018 at 3:47 AM, Gulingen said:

Here is my "Yellow Chicken"... had it since 2013👍

412641_10151696915064178_1281688464_o.jpg

A great example of the machine. I particularly like the large VFR decal with red; looks different than mine. :fing02:

Mine was dubbed "Tweety" by a riding buddy. 

• Member Contributer

P1030904.thumb.JPG.0c2189b052b1d7c7cdfddfd13c32ba7c.JPG

I actually don't have any pics with the side fairings on it...

Ciao,

• Member Contributer

Is that the pull starter for when the R/R dies and kills the battery? 😁😎

(Actually CornerCarver's joke about his SC 6th Gen that I built)

• Member Contributer
On 8/5/2018 at 3:08 AM, JZH said:

P1030904.thumb.JPG.0c2189b052b1d7c7cdfddfd13c32ba7c.JPG

I actually don't have any pics with the side fairings on it...

Ciao,

Kool! I'll bet that machine really wails. Nice "quiet can" also. Do you ride with the fairings off? It would seem a shame to cover up that extra hardware.

17 hours ago, MsRN98 said:

I need to clean up my ‘00; still, after 21K miles in the last 21 months, I think I can fairly say that it IS the fastest color...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

f402ca316578caeabb908bede98b2be6.jpg

Nice ride!  Where did you get the rim tape? And how do you like the tank bag?  I wasn't sure if a tank bag would be super handy or just in the way.

Nice ride!  Where did you get the rim tape? And how do you like the tank bag?  I wasn't sure if a tank bag would be super handy or just in the way.

I got the rim tape from ‘customTaylor33’ LLC on Amazon; it’s lasted pretty well so far, and is very bright when headlights hit it. The tank bag is a Cortech (21L, I think) and has been very solid; I like it much more than the two CycleGear house-branded bags I had, both of which fell apart in under a year. This one is very-well thought out, and a convenient way to keep the most important things close at hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
  • Member Contributer
19 hours ago, DennisA said:

Newbie, what brand of windscreen is that? Any issues with buffeting?

It's the Givi windscreen.

I haven't experienced any so far.  To be honest, I haven't ridden the bike a whole lot with it on.  I need to change that.

• Member Contributer
On 8/6/2018 at 7:32 PM, MaxSwell said:

Kool! I'll bet that machine really wails. Nice "quiet can" also. Do you ride with the fairings off? It would seem a shame to cover up that extra hardware.

The side fairings were never re-installed, as I was still troubleshooting the PCV (which doesn't work...), so I was riding it without.  Might get to ride it again in a few weeks.

Ciao,

JZH

• 3 weeks later...

Archived