Wiring for the dash

Quetepasa

Previous owner removed fairings and "tucked the wires like a tranny".  Now I cant find any of them to try and hook up an aftermarket dash.  I've found a bunch of loose ends, but don't have the diagrams to figure out what they are.  Every search I've done comes back to look at apexandy's build for a wiring pin out, but the link is dead.  And when I go to the thread specifically, there isn't a page 16 or post 157.  Can someone help or give me a current link to the post?

Have you tried downloading the service manual from the download section? There are wiring diagrams in there.

There are also some decent coloured and simplified homebrewed schematics in said download section as well depending on your year-model, which I can't see in your profile as I'm accessing the forum via the tapatalk app.

4 minutes ago, Auspanglish said:

Have you tried downloading the service manual from the download section? There are wiring diagrams in there.

There are also some decent coloured and simplified homebrewed schematics in said download section as well depending on your year-model, which I can't see in your profile as I'm accessing the forum via the tapatalk app.

Best I can tell there isn't a colorized one and the one from the manual gives me a migraine to try and read lol.  Its a 98 800

1 minute ago, Auspanglish said:

Sorry, I can't find a coloured or otherwise improved version for that model.

Neither could I. I’m just not sure where all the wires went. It doesn’t look like there’s enough loose ends to make up a gauge cluster

• Member Contributer

The Haynes wiring diagram is in color.  Found something else for you, though.  

1303455047_RC46_(98-99_US-spec)_Wiring_Diagram.thumb.png.f4f0fbc8232e0d852fafa2f30b811662.png

Ciao,

Archived