2017 VFR Exhaust

XRM

Anyone fitted a aftermarket exhaust on a 2017 with the centre stand mount/stop hanging off the CAT?  Like the Arrow Proracing pipe but only see availability for 14 - 16 models.  

• Member Contributer
16 hours ago, XRM said:

Anyone fitted a aftermarket exhaust on a 2017 with the centre stand mount/stop hanging off the CAT?  Like the Arrow Proracing pipe but only see availability for 14 - 16 models.  

XRM. Not sure what you are saying here, the centre stand rubber stopper hangs off the pipe not the CAT.  Don't think there is any difference between the 8gen 2014 to 2017 in the mounting of an aftermarket exhaust from looking at various images. Can't imagine there would be changes to the Cat or Exhaust mounting just for the 2017 model, even though the 2017 OEM exhaust is slightly different. I've also fitted the Arrow Pro Racing, the rubber stopper you just transfer from the OEM to the Arrow.

PA270408.JPG

• Member Contributer
22 minutes ago, VFR78 said:

Grum,

What happened to the IXIL? 

Ha ha good observation. This photo was taken a fair while ago. Really liked the IXIL so sold the Arrow and purchased the IXIL it's been on for a couple of years and love it.

Cheers

13 hours ago, Tiutis said:

Curious, do you have any sound clips of the black widow?

No I do not. But I will do one for you. 

• 1 month later...

The RC93 (2017-present) has a stop in the cat, not in the link pipe...

I would like to fit a SC Project to my 2018 VFR, but it´s Euro3 and my bike´s Euro4. Does anyone know if it´s ok to fit an euro3 exhaust on a euro4 bike? 

Don´t want to waste money on a pipe and lose power or have problems... my viffer still got 2years warranty.

Local Racer any significant differences between stock and the black widow, besides sound and weight? How´s the bike running?

Thanks

• Member Contributer

No it's not legal to reduce your E4 to E3 the approval covers the whole bike in theory due to things like induction and general engine noise

Youll invalidate your warranty of course by touching anything 

When the warranty is up then it's yours to play with, keep the OEM system for when you sell it, etc

On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 9:23 AM, andrearonin said:

me, but it’s a 2016...

CA36CE22-0508-438D-A3AC-C569C4F73F81.jpeg

B5BCF2C6-3BAC-4983-A8CA-045811E0E03A.jpeg

B8573135-58BE-4FB3-BAB5-2DAA79F89B33.jpeg

everything looks nice , what kind of rack did you use for GIVI if you donot mind < and are those  fluorcent reflective tape ? and how does it work? 

I have a pair of Givi and Suzuki Top box on My VStrom, You gave me good idea to save some money and just to buy Racks.

Thank you

Ride safe/Ride long

Archived