Thought about "upgrading" to a 7th Gen

gilkeyb

Haven't been on the forum in a while, but still lurk once in a while.  I came back because I recently posted my '07 RWB on the local CL and facebook marketplaces, and haven't gotten so much as a sniff!  Thought i would post it here in the classifieds, maybe find someone more interested...

I found a 2013 7th Gen for sale locally at a price significantly below what i normally see them listed for.  I managed to convince my wife that it would be okay for me to buy it as long as I sold my '07 for at least the same amount.  The 7th gen is all stock and has some...imperfections.  Whilst my '07 is pretty well set up though admittedly high-er mileage.

Really surprised I haven't gotten much attention for my '07.  Are VFRs difficult bikes to sell since they don't fall under the typical "sportbike" crowd, but also aren't full on "touring" rigs?  Maybe they're a bit of a niche bike...

I am resigned to keeping my RWB, which the more I think about isn't half bad.  Getting it prepped to sell reminded me how great it is, and doing a deep clean of the white wheels really made the bike shine again!  Another 30k miles on this bike would be about the best punishment a guy could ask for!

t3P3fAz.jpg

• Member Contributer

If you had been a thousand miles closer to the east coast I’d have bought it last week!  Lol. Doesn’t do you any good now though. I’d say yes the VFR is a bit niche. Low numbers imported or sold, not quite sport and not quite touring. Btw your 25th looks great!  

It won't be the end of the world if it doesn't sell.  Seems like, even amongst VFR faithful, the 7th gen has a bit of mixed reviews.  

The 6th Gen seems better equipped all around, except one criteria: POWER!  I don't do much touring, or street riding in general anymore, so I thought getting a 7th gen with more "WOW" factor would be fun compared to the 6th.  

Based on selling bikes previously I expected to get at least a few insulting lowballs, or "Whats your lowest price" emails.  But I have only gotten one genuine offer from a friend, and its just less than i'm willing to let it go for!  

Archived