New 5th Gen owner from Perth (Aus) saying Hey

Dnbosiris

hey all

Just put a deposit down on a 5th Gen VFR, looks to be stock apart from the exhaust, 50k km's or 30k miles.

New to these bikes but can tell i'm going to love riding this bike. It'll be for commuting + weekend cruises.

latest pictures after a clean below!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Nice... looks like the bikes rear has been lowered... on a level surface, the wheel shouldn't touch the ground.

1 hour ago, Vee-Ef-Ar said:

Nice... looks like the bikes rear has been lowered... on a level surface, the wheel shouldn't touch the ground.

i don't think it's been lowered....the ground i took those shots on is not even... on even ground the rear sits up 👍

• Member Contributer
9 hours ago, Dnbosiris said:

i don't think it's been lowered....the ground i took those shots on is not even... on even ground the rear sits up 👍

I did wonder that looking at the brickwork in the background... ride on mate

• Member Contributer

Nice looking bike. Are those headers stainless steel? It is hard to tell from your pics, but in the second pic it looks like they are stainless. Unless AUS spec 5th gens were different than US, those look to be aftermarket headers.... Did REMUS make a full exhaust at some point? I don't know their market history. 

• Member Contributer

Welcome to the asylum. Great looking example. And the fastest color. :wheel:

12 hours ago, adkfinn said:

Nice looking bike. Are those headers stainless steel? It is hard to tell from your pics, but in the second pic it looks like they are stainless. Unless AUS spec 5th gens were different than US, those look to be aftermarket headers.... Did REMUS make a full exhaust at some point? I don't know their market history. 

Thanks. I'm not sure about the headers, i can take some close ups of them if that helps?

• Member Contributer

Welcome to VFRD from the northern hemisphere! :beer:

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, Dnbosiris said:

Thanks. I'm not sure about the headers, i can take some close ups of them if that helps?

If you do I am sure the board can help identify what you've got. You may have lucked out and scored a bike with a nice set of performance headers, which are exceedingly rare. The factory headers on the 5th gen were all mild which was painted black. 

• Member Contributer

It looks like the standard headers with cat to me. 

Nice score, looks well looked after. 

Archived