Oil pan washer......what size is it?

I want to order a 10 pack off ebay but don't know what size to order............the plug is a 17mm, but what size is the washer. I know I can use aluminum or copper. 

thanks

Joel

• Member Contributer
6 hours ago, exwifeschewtoy said:

I want to order a 10 pack off ebay but don't know what size to order............the plug is a 17mm, but what size is the washer. I know I can use aluminum or copper. 

thanks

Joel

Hi Joel

Save your money. Is your sump plug leaking? If not, and its not damaged, and provided you don't over wrench the thing it will last the life of your bike.

A pack of 10 will last 10 life times!

Never changed a single sump washer on four VFR's, a couple of dirt bikes and for that matter a few cars. And NO leaks.

Seriously if it's not leaking don't bother. Only my thoughts!

Sorry don't have the dimensions.

Cheers.

• Member Contributer

I have the Fumoto on all my cars and trucks but not on the bike. It works great and is much

less messy than a regular drain. But I've just been concerned about vulnerability, but I guess

if I hit something hard enough to rip off the lower chin fairing, it would probably be a moot

point any way. 🙂

5 hours ago, FJ12Ryder said:

I have the Fumoto on all my cars and trucks but not on the bike. It works great and is much

less messy than a regular drain. But I've just been concerned about vulnerability, but I guess

if I hit something hard enough to rip off the lower chin fairing, it would probably be a moot

point any way. 🙂

I won't worry about it then......

I just drained the antifreeze and couldn't find the engine case drain, so I unhooked the radiator hose to the water pump and drained it that way. Then I slid the hose back on the water pump. I filled it with distilled water and drained it over and over again. Running it for a couple of minutes each time. I did this until I couldn't see any hint of green color coming out. Then I refilled with 40% Peak anti-freeze / 60% distilled water. The peak anti-freeze said it was free of 

phosphate

silicate

boron

so was this an ok flush and fill?

thanks

Joel

I will recheck the level after a couple of short rides and then put the plastics back on and call it good. 

• Member Contributer

Green? Isn't your new antifreeze red/pink?

Sounds like you've done a good job with the drain. More thoroughly than I did mine the last time.

16 minutes ago, FJ12Ryder said:

Green? Isn't your new antifreeze red/pink?

Sounds like you've done a good job with the drain. More thoroughly than I did mine the last time.

correct the new stuff is red and available at Walmart, old is green. I read somewhere not to mix them so I wanted to flush the shit out of it so I wouldn't have any issues. 

thanks

Joel. 

Also I don't clunk anymore. I found that if I give it some throttle right before I start to shift it makes no clunk.  Even if I am going slow, all i gotta do is accelerate for a half second (little more than a blip of the throttle),  and no sound.....weird huh?

• Member Contributer

No, not weird at all. What you're doing is unloading the shifting dogs so there's no resistance to the forks sliding

the gears around. The hard part when riding slow/er is to get the shift done while the gears are still unloaded. Sounds

like you're on the right track. Congrats.

• Member Contributer

The sump plug is M12 x 1.5 , says eBay...  If that's correct, you'd want a 12mm ID crush washer.

Ciao,

• Member Contributer

Oh man, you guys always cost me money. I just ordered the new style Fumoto valve for the VFR. It's

lower profile and there's no worry about it interfering with the shield on the sump. Amazon had them

for $40 but Ebay has them for less than $33. So off to Ebay I go. Another time when Amazon ain't the

cheapest.

• Member Contributer
On 6/8/2018 at 9:24 PM, FJ12Ryder said:

Oh man, you guys always cost me money. I just ordered the new style Fumoto valve for the VFR. It's

lower profile and there's no worry about it interfering with the shield on the sump. Amazon had them

for $40 but Ebay has them for less than $33. So off to Ebay I go. Another time when Amazon ain't the

cheapest.

Which did you get? I didn't even realize they had updated valves so I looked it up. SX, or BSX? Looks like a nice design, and for sure won't have to cut the little tab off the bottom of the pan anymore!

Looks like the model search for motorcycles on their site isn't quite up to scratch...

• Member Contributer

Yeah, I checked the motorcycle listing too for the BSX design, and no joy. So I just checked for the 109 model number in the BSX design.

And I found the B109SX, which is the correct thread and is the new BSX design. Looks like it will work great, but since I just changed the

oil the other day, it will be a while before I can check the fit. Bummer.

• Member Contributer
On 6/7/2018 at 6:05 PM, exwifeschewtoy said:

thanks

Joel

Measurements off a Honda OEM crush washer are:

12.3 mm ID

19.75 mm OD

1.9 mm thickness

https://www.mcmaster.com/#97725a104/=1d8336g

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bolt-MC-Hardware-Crush-Washer-M12-x-20-DPWM12-20-50-020-122050-501-183/262151769936?epid=1411792329&hash=item3d09768f50:g:Be8AAOSwtBdaWNQv

As JHZ said, any M12 x 20mm crush washer will work.

• Member Contributer
4 hours ago, FJ12Ryder said:

Yeah, I checked the motorcycle listing too for the BSX design, and no joy. So I just checked for the 109 model number in the BSX design.

And I found the B109SX, which is the correct thread and is the new BSX design. Looks like it will work great, but since I just changed the

oil the other day, it will be a while before I can check the fit. Bummer.

They look cool and I kinda want one. But I’ve already got the F-109 installed and cut the tab anyway, so it’s moot.🙄 I’ll probably get another bike someday...😄

Archived