Having difficulties reading error code,please help

zdy101

hello,i am having some problems with my recently bought 2001, 5''th gen vfr, low miles 13500,it indicates an error code 2 long flash and 3 short ones,i have the service manual and folowed the procedure there but cant seem to find the problem,any help will be much appriciated

• Member Contributer

Long flashes are counted as ten, and the error codes only go up to 20, so 2 long + 3 short = 23 isn't correct. More likely you have either two long = 20 for one fault, and 3 short = 3 for a second fault. 

I'd suggest you clear the fault codes and start again. 5-7 in the manual. 

What are the bike's problems? Does it start/run?

Thank you for replying,the bike start and runs fine,other than that error code no problems,checked the wires,cleared the fault codes,nothing changed, i will make a video later

16 hours ago, Terry said:

Long flashes are counted as ten, and the error codes only go up to 20, so 2 long + 3 short = 23 isn't correct. More likely you have either two long = 20 for one fault, and 3 short = 3 for a second fault. 

I'd suggest you clear the fault codes and start again. 5-7 in the manual. 

What are the bike's problems? Does it start/run?

There are up to 24 on the 5th gen but there is no code 23... it skips that number for some unGodly reason

To add insult to injury there're up to 33 on the 6th gen but numbers 10, 20, and 28-32 don't exist either.

Archived