2007 VFR Spark Plug Change? at what K did you change them out?

Manual states to inspect at 16,000 miles or 25,600kms

Change at 32,000 miles and 51,200kms.

My 2007 VFR RWB is at 24,000kms or 15,000 miles.

I plan on sticking to Honda recommended change out interval.

When have you guys changed out your plugs.

Bike runs mint.

Thxs and ride safe.

IMG_4799.JPG

• Member Contributer

Have done 3 6gen plug changes. One was on a mates bike that had done 70,000ks bike was running fine, the plug gaps were still in tolerance and looked good. The other two were both done at 50,000ks again gaps in tolerance and bike running fine.

Current 8gen has done 54,000ks running great, might change em at 60,000ks.

Maintenance schedule of replace every 48,000ks or 32,000mile seems very conservative.

YMMV.

Cheers.

• Member Contributer

I'm at 35K miles on the original plugs. Bike is running great! I don't plan to change them anytime soon.  My experience with modern plugs is they last a long time.

• Member Contributer

Just changed at 45K miles for the first time.

Old plugs looked not much different from the new ones.

Will probably not touch them again.

• Member Contributer

I had my current fifth gen checked out by my mechanics at 56,006 miles and the plugs were still in great shape. Not sure if they are iridium.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Update on my plug change.  During the last T-Mack, I have noticed lack of power while riding 2-up.  Actually had trouble passing on uphills with an extra 140lb on the bike.  Asked Matt to do a sanity check and he came back saying that he couldn't even pull a wheelie.  I must have had no power left at all and  haven't noticed it  for years due to lack of reference.

So, changed plugs and also replaced my K&N with stock air filter.

Result - The bike feels like it has a supercharger now. Just an  amazing improvement.

P.S

The improvement is probably attributable more to the filter change then the plugs.

• 1 month later...
  • Member Contributer

Rice, so the K&N is not a good option on our bikes?  I have been running stock currently but had heard good things about them for enhancing performance and also for economy - no need to buy additional paper.

@dgordon Unfortunately K&N is a marketing company first and an Engineering company second. Air filters haven't been a choke point on a modern engine since the mid 90s... Stock is fine!

The refill oil for these is expensive and most people grossly overoil their intake air filter because they expect it to be pink!

• Member Contributer
On 8/2/2018 at 12:32 AM, dgordon said:

Rice, so the K&N is not a good option on our bikes?  I have been running stock currently but had heard good things about them for enhancing performance and also for economy - no need to buy additional paper.

Yes. It has been proven that the 6th gen works best with the OEM air filter. 

Archived