Hit & Run

50f61a2ca478a7d189ea47dc37cddc88.jpg&key=0707a99ddbe820ce423f7c7f28295c0a59c76d07abd3b9f50e45ee0acb472f37

On May 2, 2018, my wife's sibling's partner Alex Trunzo was on his way to a night class on his BMW motorcycle and was involved in a catastrophic motorcycle accident at the intersection of California St. & Webster St. in San Francisco. Due to the negligence of another motorist, Alex was run over by a semi-trailer and critically injured. Legal proceedings are still in process so I can't expound on the offending party's name or other circumstances beyond the truck driver being considered at fault (through CCTV footage) and that it happened so suddenly Alex never stood a chance of evading the accident. Insult to injury, someone stole his mobile phone while he lay unconscious on the ground, before a decent passerby called an ambulance. The offending driver did not stop and assist.

He has required three major 5-8 hour-long surgeries to make him whole again. It was unsure whether he would make it through the first night, but he’s a fighter, and managed to pull through. He lost about 40% of his liver, had a punctured lung, bleeding on the brain, bruising of several other internal organs, & fluid in his lungs. He also suffered a compound fracture in his left arm, fractures in his left hand, a broken right clavicle and shoulderblade, a fractured C7 vertebrae in his neck, and most of his ribs were broken. There is some nerve damage in one arm and doctors are unsure if a fully functional recovery will be achieved.

While recovering from his major injuries, Alex is also faced with not being able to use both his arms, due to his broken bones. Despite the unimaginable pain and suffering he has endured, Alex is on the road to recovery. This is all thanks to the stellar care and service he received from the doctors, surgeons, nurses & staff at the Zuckerberg Trauma Center at San Francicso General Hospital, as well as the support, prayers and well wishes of all his friends, family, and especially his partner, my brother-in-law, Alejandro, who has hardly left his side.

Alex still has a long way to go before he will be fully recovered. He is still suffering from some amnesia which is clearing daily. He is going to need physical therapy after leaving the hospital, which is to take place imminently. Although Alex has good medical coverage, his hospital bills are over one million dollars, and we are not sure if the insurance company will cover everything at 100%. He is currently on long-term disability, which only pays 60% of his normal salary. Also, since his motorcycle was totaled in the accident, he will need a new mode of transportation when he is able to return to work.

I would like to try and assist Alex with these additional expenses by asking for support, beyond that of his family and friends, and extend the plea to anyone from the motorcycling community willing to help raise some additional funds to ease his financial burden when he returns home. I hope you will join me, and thank you for any assistance you can offer. A little spare change could make a big change for Alex.

Sincere regards,

Brad Muir

(Auspanyol/Auspanglish)

On behalf of Alex's Mom - Linda Viscuso

Go Fund Me Link:

https://www.gofundme.com/ytsq4-alex039s-recovery#

• Member Contributer

Done.

Tell the lad to get a Honda (V2/V4) next, keeping an eye on the future sure helped me. 

It won't protect against careless/criminal road users (as I found out), but the grins are priceless (as we all know).

Thanks a million for paying it forward Leon!!

Done.

Tell the lad to get a Honda (V2/V4) next, keeping an eye on the future sure helped me. 
It won't protect against careless/criminal road users (as I found out), but the grins are priceless (as we all know).

Archived