Grips issue

• Member Contributer
13 hours ago, Kwee69 said:

US bikes have red light on heated grips, Euro bikes have green light.

No they don't, 2014-16 red, 2017> green, read the previous posts 

• 4 weeks later...

Just had mine 12 months, and after reading this ducked out at lunchtime to have a look, fortunately wear seems to be minimal at this stage, but only 7000kms.

Loving these heated grips though on these cold Adelaide mornings.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/15/2018 at 4:43 AM, adprom said:

Yes, I have had this, particularly the end of the left grip that started after only a few thousand kilometres. Honda Australia refused tor recognise the problem. I am now reopening a case with them knowing that Internationally, the warranty was honoured.

Honda Spain refused recognise the premature wear of heated grips. My byke has 24k km and the heated grips are close to gone . Everytime I tight the grips with leather glove, the grip lose a bit of rubber. I left my bike in Honda for change them in warranty, and their answer was that it's normal wear for grips.

Anytime I have this issue in my older bykes. My old BMW F800 with original heated grips, the grips was good until 60k km, and the repair costs 30€ with aftermarket grips that seem like original.

Anyone knows if I cut with care the rubber on grip, Could I keep the ressistant of heated grip and install Puig grips or any similar?.

If it is not possible, I'm thinking install Oxford Heated Grips.

Thanks

6 hours ago, rapita said:

Anyone knows if I cut with care the rubber on grip, Could I keep the ressistant of heated grip and install Puig grips or any similar?.

I doubt it. I just installed some factory heated grips this winter, and the left grip feelis like one solid piece of rubber. The resistor may be molded in. Even worse, the right grip has the throttle tube molded into the grip.

• Member Contributer
On 24 July 2018 at 8:23 PM, rapita said:

Honda Spain refused recognise the premature wear of heated grips. My byke has 24k km and the heated grips are close to gone . Everytime I tight the grips with leather glove, the grip lose a bit of rubber. I left my bike in Honda for change them in warranty, and their answer was that it's normal wear for grips.

Anytime I have this issue in my older bykes. My old BMW F800 with original heated grips, the grips was good until 60k km, and the repair costs 30€ with aftermarket grips that seem like original.

If it is not possible, I'm thinking install Oxford Heated Grips.

Thanks

This will help http://vfrworld.com/threads/oxford-heated-grips-w-oem-controller-pics.52953/#post-589090

Archived