Suspension

Hy, I own Honda VFR 800 2014, and I would like to put USD forks.. 

But, the problem is "Traction/ABS" Sensor and I Can't find some forks which will be the same as the OEM, 

And what happens with my ABS sistem if we change the wheel, breaking Disc, and other stuff... 

If someone knows answers, please let me know 

🙂

I think to, 

But I sawed on Google pictures that someone has on the 6' Generation VFR, changed front forks in USD forks and he has a ABS... 

Now I have to find a guy and conversation hier in Forum, by 6' Generation and Talk with him... 

Would you be able to share what USD forks are compatible with the 8th Gen? Any of these close to retaining the stock geometry (rake/trail/etc.)?

I’m close to reaching out to Daugherty Motorsports, but trying to better understand available options before making a decision. I think their cartridge kits are $600 (if the “backup” section of their site is accurate). 

• Member Contributer
On 6/4/2018 at 1:37 PM, InterceptoRRC79 said:

I think to, 

But I sawed on Google pictures that someone has on the 6' Generation VFR, changed front forks in USD forks and he has a ABS... 

Now I have to find a guy and conversation hier in Forum, by 6' Generation and Talk with him... 

Why not try a fireblade front end.   Have you even bothered to any research? 

• Member Contributer

Rather than changing the forks, it would be more practical to put different cartridges and springs in your existing forks.

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, lazyeye said:

Rather than changing the forks, it would be more practical to put different cartridges and springs in your existing forks.

Exactly.  Unless one is doing track days or just has to have the most impressive set up at bike night, a Jamie re-work of the standard forks will give them capability that is beyond the skill level of the vast majority of riders. 

The front end on the 8th gen is vastly improved over the 6th gen which was quite lacking.

No need for USD on 8th gen. No need really for USD on 6th gen if you swap out internals with F4i ones thus gaining rebound damping. Them springs to your weight and riding style.

Most people can't dial in more complex adjustment options than that and USD will be harsh for variable touring road conditions. Great for track but if you spend that much time at the track, get a dedicated track bike. Few people get the max out of a VFR at the track.

USD is overkill. OK, if you've got the skills, go for it but if you don't have a clue, you might just kill yourself bottoming out or blocking up the front end and catapulting yourself into oncoming traffic in your early learning stages.

• Member Contributer

Just finished my 6th Gen Font forks did bushes/seals and fitted new K-Tech springs 9.0N and Race-Tech compression and rebound valves set up for plush street and very happy with the results.

Cost about £250 for the lot.

USD isn't overkill.

Ive got a USD gsxr front end (with springs and valves redone) in my 5th gen because they are stiffer than the stock forks, and have radial brake calipers.

The 8th gen already has radial brakes.

If it was me, I'd get the stock forks set up properly (springs/valves) and call it a day.

Who am i kidding? I'd rip the fairings off and fighter it.

USD isn't overkill.

Ive got a USD gsxr front end (with springs and valves redone) in my 5th gen because they are stiffer than the stock forks, and have radial brake calipers.

The 8th gen already has radial brakes.

If it was me, I'd get the stock forks set up properly (springs/valves) and call it a day.

Who am i kidding? I'd rip the fairings off and fighter it.

That's what I meant. On the 8th gen it doesn't seem worth it. Previous gens maybe.

Archived